INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio and WinTV won't work  (Read 1089 times)

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
Rio and WinTV won't work
« on: June 21, 2003, 01:37:26 pm »

Hay,
I am running the registered MC 9.0.180 (the official bug free version) on my P4/512MB/W2k.

I am expirincing these issues:

1. After clean installing my PC, I have installed MC9 and the rio plug in. I can tag files and send them to the rio icon. as soon as I try to upload the files to the player MC disapears. Not even a warning window saying the application crashed. I have used the MD test tool to format both int/ext memory, but MC still can't upload the songs.

2. I have the WinTV mono card. It's software works fine. MC doesn't handle it proparly. It doesn't scan the channels proparly, and I can't even then chanels by the keypad.

3. In a second PC I have the Flyvideo 98 TV card installed. In order to watch TV I need to double click a station (so MC starts the TV), then go to option>advanced and reset. Then the card resets to PAL and I see TV. But if I close MC and open it again I have to do this manoeuvre again.

4. In the PC with the Flyvideo card I can't save a chanel number greater then 128. I do get numbers greater then 128 when running a scan. but when I try to rename a chanel it changes the chanel number.

5. where can I learn more on how to fine tune MC to Divx ?

Niv

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Rio and WinTV won't work
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 06:55:32 pm »

Hay,
I am running the registered MC 9.0.180 (the official bug free version) on my P4/512MB/W2k.

2. I have the WinTV mono card. It's software works fine. MC doesn't handle it proparly. It doesn't scan the channels proparly, and I can't even then chanels by the keypad.

Did you get any error messages?
Do you have WDM driver for the WinTV card?
Try deleting the following registry key, and then restart the program:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\TV Settings

5. where can I learn more on how to fine tune MC to Divx ?

Do you mean using DivX for compression? Create a custom recording profile, you will be guided through a few simple steps. In the second step you can choose a video compressor.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 04:40:39 am »

3. In a second PC I have the Flyvideo 98 TV card installed. In order to watch TV I need to double click a station (so MC starts the TV), then go to option>advanced and reset. Then the card resets to PAL and I see TV. But if I close MC and open it again I have to do this manoeuvre again.

Bring out TV Options by clicking Options | Advanced as you did, then click "Advanced Properties" tab. Double click "Video Capture Filter ...", and choose the correct TV standard from drop-down list. Click OK on all dialog boxes.

Now exit TV and restart. Does it help?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 05:24:45 am »

Hello Niv,

In regards to the Rio, this is almost certainly a problem caused by using incompatible drivers for the Rio. When the Plugin installs, it installs drivers which will work. If other drivers have been installed, they can overwrite the ones we include and this can cause problems.

I just retested this here on a clean PC and everything worked great.

In order to fix this, I think you will need to uninstall the drivers you have.  Here are some instructions which have worked for many people. Please give this a try...

To work well with MJ you need to get the Rio drivers installed that come with the MJ Plugin. If you have installed other drivers, I would suggest that you remove them fully by following the directions at

http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

Also uninstall the Rio Plugin for MJ. Make sure your Rio is disconnected and reboot.

After you reboot and BEFORE you connect your Rio, download the MJ Rio plugin. When you connect your Rio and if Windows asks if you want to install the default drivers, DO NOT accept the default, instead, point the installation to look in your System32 directory where it will find the drivers that we distribute with the Plug-in.

YOU MUST LOG IN ONCE AND THEN REBOOT AND LOG IN AGAIN TO GET THIS TO WORK.

After this, you should be set.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 12:29:13 am »

Thanks Yaobing for replying,
I am resetting the TV options, `cause when I try to change to PAL, it goes back to NTSC.

Now I am experiencing another problem. When I try time shift mode, the sound is out of sync with the picture. How may I remedy it?

Niv

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 03:54:20 am »

Thanks Yaobing for replying,
I am resetting the TV options, `cause when I try to change to PAL, it goes back to NTSC.

This seems to be a driver issue. The driver should at least remember its settings during the session. At the end of the session I copy the settings to registry to be used in the next session.

Now I am experiencing another problem. When I try time shift mode, the sound is out of sync with the picture. How may I remedy it?

Most likely it is a CPU power issue. How fast is your P4?
You can try using different recording profiles. Start with the fourth preset, "320 x 240 JRiver Codec, 29.97fps". You can also create some custom profiles, using lower Quality setting for JRiver codec, or DivX codec.
Pages: [1]   Go Up