INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and Theater View  (Read 1403 times)

alana

• Recent member
JRemote and Theater View
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:57:09 am »

Thanks in advance for any answers and assistance.

I’ve ordered a new media server that runs on Windows 10 and utilizes JRiver.  I’m trying to anticipate how it will operate.  For my home theater I’d utilize the Theater View, on a 110” screen, so my guests can see what is on the media server.

Does the JRemote duplicate the Theater View on an iPad so the iPad can control the Theater View by moving right and left, up and down, and make selections?

If not the Theater View then what interface of JRiver matches JRemote so that JRemote can control the selection of movies and their selection and operation?

The wiki is not up to date so it is hard to tell what works and what doesn’t.  For example the Media Center Remote is shown but it appears it hasn’t been available for purchase for many years.

I have a Control4 system but there are no C4 drivers for JRiver. It’s not clear to me if other IP drivers, through Ethernet, can control JRiver on Windows 10 on a standard remote control of some type.

I’m also not an expert on the jargon of remote programs and protocols so it’s not clear to me on how I’ll be able to control JRiver in the Theater View on a projector and screen.

Thus my questions above.  Many thanks for any responses.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote and Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »

JRemote doesn't duplicate Theater View.

There is a wiki topic on Remotes.  It may help.  You might also read the Media Network topic.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote and Theater View
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 12:11:50 am »

Hi alana
I should also let you know that JRemote does a lot more than just the screenshot of the remote mode I sent you.

It has its own graphical interface of album covers, similar to Theater View, but more suitable for a tablet or phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up