INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video bookmarks on 64 bit versions  (Read 1235 times)

Pistensau

• Recent member
Video bookmarks on 64 bit versions
« on: December 06, 2017, 02:21:24 pm »

Since moving to the 64 bit versions of JMC I have issues with bookmarks not getting saved so movies or TV shows very often do not resume at the point where I stopped them. This only works half of the time now. Nearly never had this issue with 32 bit versions over years.
Tried also a complete uninstall and reinstall - no changes. Anybody else noticing this?
Getting out of full screen view in Theatre View when playing a video shows the progress in percent behind the title (video is still playing in small preview window). Hitting stop then often resets the progress.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video bookmarks on 64 bit versions
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:30:28 pm »

I haven't noticed an issue between 32 and 64 bit versions.  With that said, it fails probably 10-15% of the time for me.  I start watching something downstairs, and when I go up to continue, the bookmark hasn't been saved.  It does work most of the time though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:25:04 am »

If you press stop once, the bookmark is set.  If you double click stop, it sets, then removes the bookmark.

Pistensau

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:14:54 am »

Hello Jim,

Thank you for that explanation. Maybe my remote (Harmony) sends the command for stop more than once in some cases which causes this issue.
This is something I can start to investigate, but I'm pretty sure it already is on the lowest repeating rate.

In case this is related to my remote or the IR-software on my Computer (which is sometimes buggy) is there an option within JRiver to change that double click action behavior for the stop button? Or if not, is it possible to create an option to disable deleting bookmarks with hitting stop twice?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:06:58 am »

If you press stop once, the bookmark is set.  If you double click stop, it sets, then removes the bookmark.
Yep, I'm aware.  When I have tested this in the past, I have been remoted into the server, and the client at the same time, and made sure that I press stop only once.  I have seen that sometimes it just doesn't set the bookmark.  Again, most of the time it works fine, but sometimes it just doesn't work as expected.

It would also be nice if the double click on stop was more of a 'double click within x number of seconds'.  It seems that it can be any length between the stop presses.  If it was say 2 stop presses within 2 seconds, then I could add a 'stop' command to my Harmony remote when I press the 'off' button, so that live TV would be guaranteed to be stopped.  Right now if I do that, the bookmarks are erased if the family actually did remember to push stop before turning off the TV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up