INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FTP ID USB  (Read 5652 times)

RFrank

• Recent member
FTP ID USB
« on: December 08, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »

Hi there everyone,
I bought an Id USB Kit and they sent it to me via FTP. This was a great idea as it saved shipping and I got it right away. Anyway I seemed to have fallen at the first hurdle and my NUC5PYH won't boot from the the stick. So this is what I did: I unzipped the file and copied the resulting file useridbuild to the thumb drive. is this correct? The NUC5PYH doesn't recognises it. I also opened the file useridbuild up but that didn't help either. Ideas anyone please.

Cheers,
Richard

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: FTP ID USB
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

Hi there everyone,
I bought an ID USB Kit and they sent it to me via FTP. This was a great idea as it saved shipping and I got it right away. Anyway I seemed to have fallen at the first hurdle and my NUC5PYH won't boot from the the stick. So this is what I did: I unzipped the file and copied the resulting file useridbuild to the thumb drive. is this correct? The NUC5PYH doesn't recognises it. I also opened the file useridbuild up but tat didn't help either. Ideas anyone please.
Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard,

You need to copy it to the USB stick in a way that makes it bootable. With a PC you can use rufus. See the message below for instructions.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,94636.msg762286.html#msg762286

RFrank

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:17:28 pm »

OK I'll give that a go.

RFrank

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:29:43 pm »

And that did the trick. Many thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:34 pm »

And that did the trick. Many thanks.
Excellent.
We should add that to the instructions. We originally only shipped physical media which is why it's not there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up