INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac server audio files are converted to mp3 when using id as renderer  (Read 1886 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen

I have Windows 10, JRiver 23.0.89
I just purchased a JRiver Id. 
I am attemping to use it as a dlna renderer, using JRiver on my Windows 10 computer as the server.
I can see the ID device in the "Playing Now" menu the Windows 10 JRiver.
When I select to play to it from within Windows 10 JRiver , it plays on the Id. 
But JRiver on the Id is reporting that it is playing an mp3 source at 320kbps whereas the server files are FLAC. 
(on the Id as example of a now playing file name is http://192.*.*.*:52100/Music/F210781545.mp3 where 192.* is my server location)
So it seems the server is converting to mp3 before sending to Id.  Is the Id requesting the server to convert or is the server deciding to convert before sending?
I've turned off audio conversion from within JRiver Options -> Media Network -> Client Options -> Audio Conversion -> Conversion: Don't convert audio.
I've turned this off both on the windows 10 machine and the id.

Please help me figure out why the flac server files are being played as mp3's on the Id.

Otherwise the Id has been operating fantastically!

Thanks for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Flac server audio files are converted to mp3 when using id as renderer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:19:29 am »

Set MC on the server to Never Convert.  It's under the DLNA settings for the server.

mirdle

• World Citizen
Re: Flac server audio files are converted to mp3 when using id as renderer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:26 am »

Thank you, that did it! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up