INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 not seeing optical drive under Drives & Devices [Solved]  (Read 1049 times)

couchjr

• World Citizen
MC 23 not seeing optical drive under Drives & Devices [Solved]
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:41 pm »

I have always loved the fact that for CDs I haven't yet ripped, I could simply attach an Apple USB optical drive to my Mac mini server and pop in a disk, and it would automatically show up, once mounted, in MC's Drives and Devices window, allowing me to play it from MC.

I have just tried to do this for the first time since installing MC 23, and am shocked that when I tap "Drives and Devices," I just see a window with a gear icon that says "Manage handhelds" and below that a black screen that says:

"Drives & Devices
Capabilities
Rip CDs
Burn DCs
Sync with your handheld player"

If I click on icon or the Manage handhelds message or anything else in the Drives Devices window, nothing happens. I had though perhaps there might be an option to select source (even though the optical drive is not a handheld). But no.

In the Action window there's "Rip Disc" icon, and I tried clicking that to see if a "play" option was available there, but I get an error message saying "Ripping is currently unavailable. Please ensure that a suitable optical drive is installed on this machine . . . ."

The CD is mounted on the machine and shows on the desktop, and I can open it to see tracks in Finder, but MC doesn't seem to recognize it.

This is a crippling blow. Is this a bug, or has MC changed how I should look for the disc, or what? I've tried quitting and restarting MC while the CD was mounted in case it had to poll for it, but it made no difference.

Help!

(I'm using MC 23.0.74. Apologies if this was solved in another post; I looked for a while and didn't see it.)

couchjr

• World Citizen
Re: MC 23 not seeing optical drive under Drives & Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:33:23 pm »

RESOLVED!

I installed MC 23.0.83 and it fixed the problem.

Whew!
Pages: [1]   Go Up