INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA problem on Mac  (Read 1757 times)

petekowalsky

• Recent member
DLNA problem on Mac
« on: December 09, 2017, 08:44:08 pm »

DLNA Zone playback is not working for me at all on any of the MC23 builds. No matter what settings I try, it doesn't seem to get past this error.

MC22 works like a champ. I'm just trying to play any audio at all from MC -> DLNA via BubbleUPnP -> Chromecast Audio, and the error is constant.

I see there was a similar issue on Windows with a DLNA SetAV timing issue that was set too low, and bob worked that out. I have no idea where to adjust that, or if that's in the binary or a even available to tune in a config file or whatever. I've tried a LOT of different combinations for the DLNA config for the controller, and nothing seems to get me anywhere.

We probably need some discussion on this, so feel free to move this and make a pointer to the new thread. THANKS! I'd LOVE to help work this out and can provide any packet captures, etc. that you might need.

Thanks,
Pete

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA problem on Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:23:56 am »

Firewall?

Please describe in detail what you're trying to do with DLNA.  There are a lot of possibilities.

Remove the other software from your testing until you get MC working.

petekowalsky

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:57:21 pm »

Hi Jim - thanks for the reply.

MC23 on MacOS as DLNA controller only, playing local audio-only media to BubbleUPnP server. MC 22 works with no special configuration - MC 23 immediately throws this error every single time I try to play any audio (doesn't matter if MP3 or FLAC or what-have-you).

Tried tuning various DLNA Controller options for this Zone. No change. Tried different DLNA configuration options. I have MC22 and MC23 side by side, and the settings are identical, and MC22 works; MC23 does not. I can post some Wireshark captures of the DLNA traffic with MC22 and MC23 here in a while if you think that'll help.

Looking to get bob's MC23.0.90 beta build for MacOS with all the new DLNA re-writes that are supposedly in the new Linux BETA according to this post. Can you help me get this version to test on MacOS, or let me know how to join the beta program? THANKS!

petekowalsky

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »

@JimH: I figured out my DLNA issue. I'm an idiot and missed the Advanced setting to enable the DLNA Server in MC23 (this seems like it didn't carry over from MC22 backup and restore on MC23). I was going side-by-side with MC22 (which always worked fine for me) and noticed this change. Even though I'm using MC23 as a Controller, the media is local, and thus the Server needs to be enabled too. Gosh I'm feeling :-[ embarrassed! Testing things out now, but everything is working consistently so far on MC23 with this change (CHECK the DLNA Server checkbox - DERP).

I'd still like to test out MC23.0.90 on MacOS when it's in beta if possible. Can you send me info on how to join up on the beta side?

Thank you, and sorry for the false "alarm".  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up