INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring songs from library to new library on same machine  (Read 1205 times)

all_grown_up

• Recent member
Transferring songs from library to new library on same machine
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:03:10 am »

I have 1500 Artists many of which I do not regularly listen to.  I wish to put the ones I don't listen to often in a separate library.  There easily could be 750.  I cannot figure out how to easily move folders/files/songs from the old library to the new one.  I would think this would be as easy as dragging and dropping but if there is a way I don't see it.  I know that I can import files into the new library through the import mechanism and then delete the files from the main library but this will be very time consuming   My apologies if I have missed something basis.  I also apologize if this topic has been addressed in the forums but my searches did not come up with anything.

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Transferring songs from library to new library on same machine
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:34:34 am »

Not sure why you would move your less listened music to an other library, but perhaps you have a plausable reason i cannot think of.

Want to give you an other idea. I have lots of music in my library i never listen to. For instance lots of artists my wife loves. I use the field GROUPING to split the library in different sections. I use the tags MY, HER and CLASSICAL. I then made some views, based on the tag MY and on the tag HERS and CLASSIC. So I only see my music and she sees hers. Evrybody happy and no extra libraries.

all_grown_up

• Recent member
Re: Transferring songs from library to new library on same machine
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:36 am »

Thanks for your response.  Your solution would appear to do the trick.  Not quite sure how to do it but will figure it out.  Re your comment the reason is when I am scrolling through music to find something I want to listen to (when I don't know already) I don't want to wade through 750 artiists I don't want to listen to.  It seems to me my reason would be the same as why you tag files so you don't have to see "hers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up