INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.91 -- Available Here  (Read 9767 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.91 -- Available Here
« on: December 13, 2017, 10:03:44 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download standard build
32-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230091.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64 bit build
64-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230091-x64.exe (only works on 64 bit Windows systems)

23.0.91 (12/12/2017)

1. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
2. Fixed: Pausing OpenCable and SatIP live TV would cause TV to stop buffering new data in recent builds.
3. Changed: Made the Library Views submenu nest child browser schemes like they're nested in the tree so the full path shows in the menu.
4. Fixed: TV recording conflicts were not properly displayed on Library Server clients.
5. NEW: Panel - Added a stop button to Panel.
6. Changed: Panel - Made most category buttons larger.
7. Changed: Panel - Gave user created category buttons random colors.
8. Fixed: Panel - The number of plays stat was being increased repeatedly under some conditions.
9. Fixed: Panel - Pages were constantly scrolling to the top with touch devices.
10. Fixed: A possible locking error with a string used by the web engine. Hopefully fixes a weird DLNA crash.

23.0.90 (12/8/2017)

1. Fixed: Export playlist from the file menu wasn't working properly (only the right-click export would work).
2. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), the final result is saved in PlaybackInfo tag of the file, instead of the zone-specific settings, except when the file has Media Subtype of "System" (i.e. a calibration file).
3. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), the result is saved only for the particular display type (i.e. 24 Hz display vs. other displays).
4. NEW: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD), an OSD message is shown to indicate current offset value.
5. Changed: When doing lip-sync adjustment using keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD) on live TV, the final result is saved in PlaybackInfo tag of the TV channel.
6. NEW: DLNA rewrote the entire controller function. Added logging to all DLNA Controller functions.
7. Changed: DLNA controller function "Ignore Transport Events" will also not subscribe to those events. MC can now control any DLNA renderer in polling only mode.
8. Changed: DLNA controller function "Ignore Get Position failure" will allow streaming only devices to work as if they were reporting position. It uses Getprotocolinfo to determine whether or not the device is alive. This will co-exist with the "Ignore Transport Events" function as well.
9. Changed: DLNA controller. Standardize function timeouts.
10. Fixed: DLNA controller is more efficient making device calls. It only does so when it really needs to.
11. Changed: Display of playback information in a DLNA zone which MC is not controlling is smooth and efficient.
12. Changed: DLNA controller. SetNextAVTransportURI logic streamlined and made more bullet proof. NOTE your device still MUST support GetMediaInfo as well as SetNextAVTransportURI for gapless playback.
13. Changed: DLNA controller. If SetNextAVTransportURI is NOT disabled as an option and we find a device doesn't support it or is broken MC will automatically turn off that option in the controller settings.
14. Changed: Display of playback information in a DLNA zone which is transitioning tracks as the result of a SetNextAVTransportURI is very fast now.
15. Changed: Update of the time slider in DLNA zones is more accurate and smooth. There MAY be issues with broken renderers. Need feedback here.

23.0.89 (12/6/2017)

1. Fixed: Views with complicated expressions to group by didn't evaluate properly.

23.0.88 (12/6/2017)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.33.
2. Changed: If the articles ..., (, ¡, or … are added to the article list, there won't have to be a space after them for them to get ignored.
3. Fixed: Media Center could possibly crash when showing television views in recent builds.
4. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only matches of" that will find files that have matching artists and albums (for example).
5. NEW: Added the smartlist rule "Only differences of" the will find files with different values in the selected fields.
6. Changed: Added the command "Build Missing Thumbnails..." to the Tools > Advanced Tools menu.
7. Changed: Panel - Changed the default number of items per page from 50 to 200.
8. Changed: Panel - Paginated pages are now pushed to the history so the back button won't ignore them.
9. Fixed: Panel - Panel was redirecting all connections to use port 52199, breaking Panel if a different port was set.
10. Fixed: Panel - When changing pages in folder views, the page was not returning to the top.

23.0.87 (12/4/2017)

1. Changed: Made the option to not translate hot keys when running as Media Server actually unregister the program for hot keys so hopefully it won't catch them anymore (before it would catch them but not translate them).
2. NEW: WIA devices (scanners) show up under Action Window > Camera in the device list.
3. Changed: The computer no longer goes to deep sleep while it's serving DLNA files.
4. NEW: Added the zone ID and index to the tooltip for Playing Now zones.
5. Changed: DLNA: Some devices were slow responding, especially to the SetAVTransportURI function. Made the timeout for these longer than the default. Was resulting in "Something went wrong with playback" errors. Added logging for this as well.
6. NEW: Added the device address to the tooltip for remote zones.

23.0.86 (12/1/2017)

1. NEW: Individual playlists can be added to Theater View navigation (Options > Theater View > Items to Show).
2. Changed: DLNA, reduce number of calls for status when the device (zone) being displayed is not being actively controlled by MC.
3. Changed: DLNA, reduce number of getvolume and getmute calls whenever a device (zone) is being displayed or controlled.
4. NEW: DLNA, when a device fails to support setNextAVTransportURI, it will be automatically set to disabled in the DLNA controller options for that zone.
5. NEW: The expanded states of playlists in the tag window are saved between file selections and opens of the tag window.
6. NEW: Added the option to not translate hot keys when running as Media Server (Options > General > Advanced).
7. NEW: Added the ability to add a stop command to the Scheduler.
8. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.32.
9. NEW: Added the choice of Playing Now to the play command in the scheduler to start playback of whatever is in Playing Now.
10. Fixed: Right-click on a playlist and picking Export Playlist didn't switch the view to that playlist so it could fail to export or even export the wrong playlist.
11. NEW: Added a "Recording Conflicts" column to television Standard view EPG for to be recorded entries.  The column is available in "All Programs", "Favorites", and "To Be Recorded".  Users need to opt to show the column.
12. Fixed: DLNA when the option was added to allow the formats to be specified for conversion in the DLNA server Audio settings, there wasn't a default value so nothing was getting converted. This won't fix existing installations, the formats will need to be selected on them but new installations will work as previously intended.
13. Fixed: MC could not read metadata tags in some WAVE files in recent builds.

23.0.85 (11/27/2017)

1. Fixed: If Chromium was selected as the MC browser and it hadn't been installed or it needed an update, when MC's web browser was started up it would freeze the main thread for a long period of time.  Now it shows a popup status message with a Cancel button.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
3. Fixed: Right-click on Track Info pages didn't work if Chromium was the engine.
4. Fixed: When you started up and played a file with Volume Protection enabled, it wouldn't always switch the volume to 20%.
5. Change: Television engine internal re-organization.

23.0.84 (11/21/2017)

1. NEW: The confirmation message box in "Clean up time-shifting folders" tool has a "Yes, and apply to all remaining x folders as well" button, so that one can clean up all remaining folders without additional confirmation.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.30.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Fixed: Recent versions weren't playing some APE files.
6. Changed: When TV time-shifting needs to jump forward due to channel changing, the process is serialized to prevent multiple threads from doing the same thing simultaneously.
7. Fixed: Sat>IP TV recording could not be done in TS format.
8. Fixed: TV recording folder names could be messed up (causing the folder not being able to be deleted) for shows whose names end with ellipsis (three consecutive '.').

23.0.83 (11/16/2017)

1. Fixed: The right-hand column of the tag window would be too small to read any values when MC's tree view was set to a narrow size.
2. Fixed: DLNA server, the cover art update from 23.0.81 missed sending the smallest thumbnail size.
3. NEW: DLNA renderer selects the largest cover art image regardless of the order it's provided in.
4. Changed: Fields marked for searching will be searched by default even if they're a large data type (like the description field).
5. Changed: Removed the check for empty when setting a field to a value on import so that empty is a perfectly acceptable value.
6. Changed: OTA EPG scanning (ATSC and DVB) will skip channels that have XMLTV ID's if the option "In over-the-air EPG scan, save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" is set.
7. Changed: Setting the Filename (path) field with an import rule will fix the directory path (add a slash at the end) so that the path cleaning functions that remove directories with dots, etc. run.
8. Changed: The expression customization (like in the player area display) allows using the variable [Library.Path] to show the path of the current library.
9. NEW: You can customize the number of thumbnail text lines (and then we'll wrap instead of truncate) by picking "Thumbnail Text Lines" from the view header menu.
10. Fixed: YouTube searching in Theater View wasn't working.
11. Fixed: The options icons wouldn't resize properly when a scale of the entire program was selected.
12. NEW: Panel - Panel will display cover art or thumbnail when playing to a zone other than the browser, .
13. Fixed: Panel - Playback information was not updating when playing to the Player zone.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.91 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:53 am »

"1. Fixed: Export playlist from the file menu wasn't working properly (only the right-click export would work)."

Thank you very much - works fine now.

LolkaZZ

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 11:53:18 am »

.tta files are cutting in the end... Please do something.  :(
ASIO output.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 07:45:51 pm »

Clean up time-shifting folders is broken...
It showed me 105 folders to be cleaned. I checked on "Yes clean up remaining XX number of folders" & all it did was count down only one (from 105 to 104). I had to click on the yes button 104 times to clean them all. It used to clean them all with only one click.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 07:26:02 am »

Long names are not broken properly under an album cover image.  I have a number of artist names like this

"Hogwood_Academy of Ancient Music"   (conductor_orchestra)

and

"Maerzendorfer_Vienna CO"   (conductor_orchestra)

and

"Brendel_Mackerras_Scottish Chamber Orchestra"   (soloist_conductor_orchestra)

Lines are wrapped at spaces but they are not wrapped when a long name has to be split.

An example:

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 10:26:38 am »

Clean up time-shifting folders is broken...
It showed me 105 folders to be cleaned. I checked on "Yes clean up remaining XX number of folders" & all it did was count down only one (from 105 to 104). I had to click on the yes button 104 times to clean them all. It used to clean them all with only one click.

I can't reproduce this.  I needed only to click once to clean up 9 folders.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 11:14:09 am »

It seems that the last version of MC have a problem with flac encoder. It makes the file larger than normal. I try it with on external encoder and my album of (moby - hotel) was 334 mb but on MC encoder the folder size was 492mb on the same level of compression of 6.
Can you check on that problem please because now i re install an older version of MC. .89 and seems fine that one.

womble

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:37:21 pm »

I was importing some new albums via import a directory.
The import worked ok, took me to Recently Imported, I changed some tags and moved the files via Rename, Move & Copy, all good.
I came back to MC and did some other stuff then went to play the new songs via Artist search (or album search) and they werent found.
I went back to Recently Imported thinking I had stuffed up the tags and there were a number of entries equal to the number of tracks I had imported but each of them was blank. Blank name, artist, size, length and filename. I went to tags for one of the tracks and every entry was blank.
I deleted the blank tracks and re-imported the original files. Same thing, all imported correctly and playable until I changed view (or some time had passed, I am not sure of the trigger) then they were blank entries in Recently Imported.

Ripping a CD did the same thing.

I downgraded to .84 and everything works correctly.

I am sorry, I didnt get any screenshots. They were FLAC files if that helps (I rip to FLAC as well)

CompEx

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 12:37:44 pm »

JRSS-Mixer still doesn't work properly in 64-Bit JRiver: when downmixing from 5.1 to 4.0 the sub-channel get's lost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up