INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.90 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 6768 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 23.0.90 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:08 am »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 23 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230090.dmg

23.0.90 (12/11/17)

1. Changed: This has all of the current DLNA changes. See the log for the Windows version for the list.

23.0.83 (11/13/17)

1. Fixed: 23.0.82 was a bad build - would not install properly.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.27.
3. NEW: Panel - Authentication is fully implemented.
4. NEW: Panel - Added audio and video quality options to settings. The default for both is High.
5. NEW: Panel - Last played and play count are now updated in Media Center for audio and video once the progress is at least half way through the file, and for images after the image is loaded.
6. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the Playing Now Bar to use space a bit better in some cases.
7. Changed: Panel - Removed the Playing Now playlist count from the Playing Now Bar.
8. Changed: Panel - Audio file lists display the track name and track artist on separate lines and the track album was removed.
9. Changed: Panel - Adjusted audio cover art to not take up as much space in some cases.
10. Fixed: Doing a Send To on a linked zone wouldn't play to the entire link.
11. NEW: The search on the options box accepts a page name before an arrow to search just a certain page (ie. Audio > Device will search only the audio branch instead of hitting anyplace that has Device).
12. Fixed: Searching in options wouldn't work right if you backspaced to remove characters.
13. NEW: Added Medium and Large cover art to the sizes offered by our DLNA servers.

23.0.82 (11/9/17)

1. Fixed: Audio Convolution filter was not working.
2. Fixed: Decoding of high complexity video streams (4k, etc) did not work properly in recent builds.
3. Fixed: The horizontal and vertical positioning on the on screen display wasn't working with the 2D image viewer.
4. Fixed: The Analyze Audio tool wouldn't remember the window position.
5. Fixed: Picking random sorting for an album view could break the view if it contained linked tracks.

23.0.79 (10/31/17)

1. Fixed: CD ripping was causing crashes on MC Mac version.
2. Fixed: Normalization during the CD ripping process was broken.
3. Fixed: When viewing images, the "Image Playback Settings.." option on the right-click menu wasn't available on Mac.
4. Fixed: In Services on Mac, MC was not defaulting to the Amazon store for the current locale's country.
5. NEW: Doing a "Get Movie & TV Info" on one file now gives the option to overwrite.
6. Changed: The Analyze Audio tool will be in the right-click menu if there are any audio or video files selected instead of if all the selected files are audio or video.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS function DSP/SetAdaptiveVolume to set the level of adaptive volume and turn it on or off.
8. Changed: Car Radio buttons now share the configuration between all languages instead of having a separate configuration for each language.
9. Fixed: Panel - Video playback would not work in some cases.
10. Fixed: Panel - The playing now playlist was broken for videos.
11. NEW: Added the option Images > Automatically start slideshows.  It can be disabled so that the program won't start a slideshow when you double-click an image.
12. Fixed: Image effects didn't work with the 2D image viewer.

23.0.74 (10/18/17)

1. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to version 3.4, used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
2. Fixed: 24-bit WMA files did not play properly.
3. Changed: When keyboard layout changes are made while MC is running, it now updates dynamically instead of having to restart.
4. Fixed: Some accelerator keys on non-English keyboard layouts were not working correctly, e.g. Cmd-A, Cmd-Q on French keyboards and Cmd-Z, Cmd-Y on German keyboards, and others.
5. Fixed: When a handheld device is configured to sync to a playlist and the user modified the playlist and selected "sync now" on the device, MC would not sync the modified playlist and instead popped a message saying the device was fully synchronized.
6. Fixed: When certain expressions were used in handheld media paths (e.g. Options / Handheld / Files, Paths, & More / Audio Path:), the device sync would not work correctly.
7. Changed: Panel - Many usability and cosmetic updates.

23.0.70 (10/6/17)

1. Changed; Changes from the main stream.
2. NEW: Many DLNA changes. See the windows beta log for 23.0.70

23.0.65 (9/29/17)

1. Fixed: MC could crash in certain cases when there was an error downloading an internet file.
2. Fixed: MC inconsistent test for gzip encoding in FileLoader.
3. New: Initial build on Xcode 9 and High Sierra.

23.0.52 (9/13/17)

1. Fixed: Up/Down arrow keys were still wrong.

23.0.51 (9/12/17)

1. Fixed: Keyboard problems still: arrow keys were inserting spaces into edit controls.
2. NEW: Added the right-click command to playing now "Paste Playing Now Image From Clipboard".  This way you can customize the image shown for a device.
3. Changed: Panel - The selected zone is now stored in a cookie and restored when returning to Web Gizmo after navigating away.
4. Changed: Panel - File conversion works on images so incompatible image types should now work on Web Gizmo.
5. Fixed: Converting video to MPEG-2 AutoFPS could fail due to an imprecise framerate.

23.0.50 (9/7/17)

1. Changed: Made the advanced section in the new tag window include calculated fields.
2. Changed: Updated the wording on the access key generation dialog to better describe adding the library.
3. Changed: You can no longer add your own library to the "Add Library" dialog.  Instead it shows a warning.
4. Fixed: Main thread could still stall for 30 seconds or more when a user created "handheld" device is actually a network drive which was removed from the network.
5. Changed: Typing searches in the tag window search box will accept entering a pipe to or the test with other things (ie. genre|artist).
6. Changed: If you pick "No import" from the auto-import count-down, it won't do another count-down.
7. Changed: The playlist export option "Store paths relative to exported playlist location" is saved between runs of the tool.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts were broken in 23.0.42.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.90 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 04:27:12 pm »

I have loaded build 23.0.90 on my IMac running High Sierra. My Renderer is a networked Yamaha ysp-5100 sound bar.
I control media centre using jremote on my ipad running ios 11.2

Whilst playing music I put the screen of my IMac to sleep so I have a dark screen.
Prior to this build I had no problems, Now however I can only play the track or playlist selected before I put the screen to sleep. I can’t select a different track in the playlist or play a different album without waking the IMac screen up. If I try and play another album nothing happens until I wake the IMac screen up.

This makes this build unusable for me.

Is this a bug? If not can the old DLNA method be offered as a selectable alternative.

Thanks.
Karl

Update 20/12/17 I have reloaded JRiver and l thought it was working as sometimes l can select just one track after sleeping the screen but then nothing else, but sometimes nothing. I discovered this was just a timeout of about 5secs after sleeping screen.
So still not working.

Update 24/12/17 Have just loaded latest High Sierra release from apple and I can now use Media center with my screen in sleep mode. The only strange thing is that it was working untill I loaded Media center 23.0.90.... I will monitor the situation and see if there are any other issues.

Update 28/12/17 Tonight the TV grabbed the renderer whilst the Imac screen was in sleep mode afterwards media center would not play and went back to how it was before with no track selection, and trying to play another album would not work, until after the screen was woken.
I restarted the Imac and it started working properly again. However it appears that if another device uses the renderer media center can’t regrab it when the screen is asleep? When the screen is woken up the renderer starts playing. Has there been a change to the initialisation or the way the renderer is engaged? The sleep screen issue reappeared and grabbing the renderer seems to be a problem and the renderer is still not remembered after a restart of the Imac (It did loose the renderer after a restart before this build but it was grabbed ok after it had been found by turning the renderer off and on)

As I said initially I never had problems till build 23.0.90 but there are now some issues.
If jriver has not been using the renderer it will not grab it if screen is asleep.

aliciaviola

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:59:15 am »

Sorry, it may sound boring now but the problems with special characters still remain.
And I still have the problem that all settings of the letter size is set to an unreadable
minimum after the restart of the app.

Frank

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:52:27 am »

Scrolling (i.e. two-finger scroll, depending on how your mac is set up) doesn't work on the playlist window within the tagging window.  Currently I need to grab the scroll bar and drag up and down.

Two-finger scrolling works in other areas. 

- P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:33:44 pm »

Split the Panel connection problem.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:24:25 am »

This version is getting a little long in the tooth... any updates on the way?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:29:46 am »

When using the option "Stop after current file", the current file keeps being the "active" one, so that hitting play after stop will play the same file again. Is this intended? I'm quiet sure the windows version changes to the next track after stopping, so that hitting play makes the next song play. Or am I perhaps missing an option here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up