INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic tagging of composers after ripping using J River?  (Read 846 times)

alvester

• Recent member
Automatic tagging of composers after ripping using J River?
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:11:13 pm »

I really like JRiver Media Center but I wish when it pulled down tagging info (Artist, Album etc.) that it would also pull down the composer tag info. Is there a way to enable this?

In the past when I was ripping to WMA Lossless I would simply open up Windows Media Player after ripping with JRiver and then WMP would subsequently automatically add in the missing composer info. It seemed that this feature of adding missing composer info on WMP no longer worked once I started ripping everything to FLAC files. Currently on the Insider Preview of Windows 10 it seems that WMP isn't even installed nor available for install so I'm more focused on trying to get the most I can out of JRiver. (Windows newer Groove music app doesn't auto-add in missing composer info either.)

Does anyone know how to force or enable JRiver to automatically pull down composer tags? Most of my music collection is Jazz and Classical so I'd love for the composer tagging to be more or less automated from an online database.

I'm using Media Center 23.0.91 (64 bit)
Pages: [1]   Go Up