INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using "Album Art Downloader" in tandem with MC  (Read 1315 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Using "Album Art Downloader" in tandem with MC
« on: February 06, 2018, 02:55:44 pm »

Album Art Downloader has a good deal more hits on cover art than MC, so I use it for albums where cover art is difficult to get. I can use the "external program"-function and call it up with the command line function artist and album. But the program itself (album art downloader) doesn't store the file in the folder with the music, you have to store it in a specific folder, or a folder named after the search terms (as album name or artist), any tips on have i can import the cover art back to MC without having to resort to "cover art" - add from file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using "Album Art Downloader" in tandem with MC
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:30:02 pm »

You could use auto import to import the files, then use Rename, Move, or Copy to move them.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:58:43 pm »

You could use auto import to import the files, then use Rename, Move, or Copy to move them.

Thanks. I got it to work with the following input (as the command line parameters) (the 2 first are the search parameters, the last is the path the cover-art is saved too.)

//artist "[Artist]" //album "[Album]" //path "[Filename (path)]//folder.jpg"

A little question though, in "album view", if i right click and use "send to external" on the album name itself, it runs 11 times (for instance, however many songs there are in the album), is there a way to get external program to run only once, when "running external", on an album?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:05:37 pm »

Filter the view... something like:

[track #]=[1]

maybe?

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 02:50:02 am »

Filter the view... something like:

[track #]=[1]

maybe?

Do you mean filtering the view in MC, and then clicking on the album, or do you think i can add the filter in "run external program"-function, so i don't have to make a new view exclusively for this task? (because if i have to change the view, i can just as easy manually select a song in the album i think)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:17 am »

I was thinking....

Load the view, put [track #]=[1] in the search field in the top right corner of the program, select all of the albums you want to look up, right click, send to...

If you want to get the whole thing done in one go, you could filter further with a search such as:
[image file]=[] [disc #]=[],[1] [track #]=[1]

Which will leave with a list of albums without cover art, only one disc from multi-disc albums, and one track from each album.
Either way, also available in the search bar is a list of recent searches, as well as an option to save a search, or load a saved search, so, find one that works for you, and just load the search when you're in the mood for doing "album art" work.

You can't filter the list via the send to... tool, no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up