INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist of songs from two alternating categories in an a,b,a,b... pattern?  (Read 784 times)

Frank221

Is there a way to create a smartlist to play songs from two sequentially alternating categories (e.g., genres, etc.) in an a,b,a,b... pattern?

I would like to essentially merge a playlist of all songs with genre "Christmas" and a playlist of family friendly 4 or 5 star songs such that a song with genre = "Christmas" is followed by a song of any genre but that meets other search criteria such as rating = 4 stars, or is a member of another playlist, etc.  I have tried various save(), saveadd(), load(), list*, group*, math(), counter(), customdata() as well as various conditional functions and test and comparison functions with no luck. 

My manual method current uses the Library Tools/Rename, Move and Copy files commands to physically copy and rename files from two different playlists into a common folder such that the new file names for the Christmas songs start with 001, 003, 005, etc. and the songs from the general song playlist have a file names that start with 002, 004, 006, etc. which result in sequential alternating song tiles like I am showing in the screen capture.  I'm sure there must be a more dynamic way to achieve the same outcome.  Any help would be appreciated.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

there is no "easy" way at all

but you will get much closer using this info:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98934.msg684576.html#msg684576
Pages: [1]   Go Up