INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 not recognizing discs for burning  (Read 1379 times)

Dingman

• Recent member
MC21 not recognizing discs for burning
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:30:53 am »

I know, I know - drivers, hardware, ect.
I have 3 other pieces of burning software, they all see the discs from two separate drives - but MC21 won't see either.

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks.

Dingman

• Recent member
Re: MC21 not recognizing discs for burning
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 01:30:52 pm »

Well, I needed to get this done today (audio book for Christmas) and so I used Audacity to chop up the file, export it and now using Windows Media Center to burn it.
I also have CDBurnerXP installed, it certainly finds the disc to burn to, but it doesn't support spanning discs.
I also have itunes installed but I don't like it and only use it for music that I purchased thru itunes (I need to export that someday, then itunes will get the uninstall)
Obviously, I have Windows Media Center installed and that's what I'm burning the files with right now.

FYI - I've done  the simple stuff - I have checked drivers for the CD players, they are diff model\manufacturers and no new drivers available.
I've ran the windows corrupted file utility, and it did find a few and repaired, but that didn't help.
I tested with different branded blank CD's, and also some DVD's, but no joy.
But I was just killing time, since the other 3 pieces of software all could see the discs, the issue is obviously with JRiver. I suppose I could uninstall\re-install JRiver software, but...
I highly doubt that would fix it and if it does, that's not a good sign for jriver. I don't use it too much anyway, I just need a reliable player\burner with playlist capability.
And googling didn't come up with too many others with this issue, so it must just be me and pretty rare.
Carry on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up