INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC User MC23 audio will not play at file resolution MC 22 will  (Read 1169 times)

Steve jca

MAC User MC23 audio will not play at file resolution MC 22 will
« on: December 26, 2017, 08:07:37 am »

I configured the mc22 and it works great using the iphone app.  I have your software on a IMac with the current version.  It serves music only over wi fi to a heos link that is a pass through with a digital coax to a marantz na7004 network audio player.  When using mc22 and the jriver iPhone app the display on my marantz always showed the bit rate of the audio file.  Now when using mc23 configured the same way it does not distinguish the bit rate from one file to the next.  However if I access the mc23 through my iPhone Heos App it does show the right bit rate.  Go figure.  I have checked multiple times the setup between the 22 and 23 and they are the same.  Since I only use for audio not sure if 23 makes sense unless I can get better sound or more options.  Please let me know your feedback.  I have no problem staying with 22 if no audio difference.   

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MAC User MC23 audio will not play at file resolution MC 22 will
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:16:44 am »

A few things to check in the Tools / Options / Audio dialog:

1. What is selected for the Audio Device?
2. Is Bitstreaming set to "None"?
3. What are the settings in "DSP & output format" ?  In the list on the left, is "Output format" checked?  If so, what are the settings in the "Sample rate" window?

If the output format is not configured to be modified by the above settings, Media Center will attempt to send the original bitrate to the audio device.  If the audio device refuses to play that bitrate, Media Center will progressively lower the bitrate until it plays successfully.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Steve jca

Re: MAC User MC23 audio will not play at file resolution MC 22 will
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:59:49 pm »

Thanks for response.  It is working but I did not change a thing.  It is set up the same as mC22.  Maybe you made a change on your end.  The DSP box is not checked and it is set to play at core audio, PCM 24.  Sounds great!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up