INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album covers  (Read 1748 times)

byb3

• nothing more to say...
album covers
« on: June 19, 2003, 07:06:10 pm »

hi,

I don't know if this is possible, but since the general public will have more knowledge than me i will ask anyway!

My music is organised like this (for example):

NOW 55/(Album Covers, front back etc.)
NOW 55/CD1
NOW 55/CD2

Is there any easy way the I could assign album covers to the files in CD1 and CD2 ?

The way I had to do it previously was select all the files in each CD, and the select the .jpg cover.  This is very time consuming considering I have like 8000 tracks now.

Regards,

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: album covers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 08:22:54 pm »

It doesn't look like CD1 and CD2 are in separate directories. If they were then you could place the appropriate cover in each directory, and upon importing (or running Update Library), they would automagically be attached to the tracks. I know of no other way. I love well done coverart, but out of my 2500 files, only 10 or so have CA attached.

10-27

Omni

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 08:36:50 pm »

Okay, I just tried running Update Library, and it didn't automagically do anything. :(

Do the .jpg's need a special name (like "folder.jpg"  as used in windows)?

Note/Idea:  Maybe this is broken in the 9.1 beta at this stage.

UPDATE:  I created a new, empty library, and when I tried to load it, MC crashed... heh... guess I need to submit a bug report!  Anyway, after restarting MC, I reimported my files, and by golly, the images were automagically snagged.  Too bad it does not work for a mere Update, though.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 08:43:06 pm »

No to the special name (no filename length limit either...I reckon). Your beta idea sounds right to me. Out of curiosity, you may try deleting a few files from your DB then re-importing. If it works then maybe Update Library isn't the correct function to use.

10-27

Sundog_AK

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 11:17:38 pm »

Assuming you have a setup like this:

Fleetwood Mac \ Rumors\ Nameofcoverart.jpg

Try the following:

Select music files and right-click and select Cover Art - Remove Cover Art Option   (Make sure you have moved the cover art from the default cover art location in MC or it will be deleted)

Select music files and right-click and select Cover Art - Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory.  

This seems to work for me since I prefer to store the cover art in the actual folder rather than all in one single folder.  The cover art does not have to be named anything special but only one JPG file can be located in the folder.  MC seems to look first in the folder where the music is located for the JPG file even though the quick find option implies otherwise.  You can do this "in mass" and not just one album/folder at time as long as you have it organized like shown above.  

From what I can tell, if you do not do the "remove cover art" then it does not remove the tag/database in the music file and that seems to be the issue.  After that, any re-imports and MC will automatically import cover art correctly since the cover art is now "pathless" (file name only.  

This comes in handy if you move around folders, etc. since you do not have to point the tag to the new path.  

Hope that helps.  

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 08:49:12 am »

This seems to work for me since I prefer to store the cover art in the actual folder rather than all in one single folder.  The cover art does not have to be named anything special but only one JPG file can be located in the folder.  MC seems to look first in the folder where the music is located for the JPG file even though the quick find option implies otherwise.  You can do this "in mass" and not just one album/folder at time as long as you have it organized like shown above.

Were you able to get this to work with 9.1?  I also prefer to have my cover art in the folders with my music, but it didn't work for me last night when I tried updating the location.

Sundog_AK

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 08:20:07 pm »

The above works on the 9.0 builds.  I haven't installed the beta so do not know either way on that.  

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 07:15:06 am »

Were you able to get this to work with 9.1?  I also prefer to have my cover art in the folders with my music, but it didn't work for me last night when I tried updating the location.

I use this method with 9.1.203 and it works successfully.
Pages: [1]   Go Up