INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Problems  (Read 718 times)

George Bonanza

• Recent member
Video Problems
« on: December 20, 2017, 01:34:47 pm »

JRiver ASIO does not work.

When playing movies jriver 23.0.91 stops responding and just hangs and then after a brief while it starts working again the video playback is like its being FF8x and there is no audio then it just starts working like normal. This has happened with multiple types of video formats. This problem was there on the previous build as well. All the while windows is working fine you can hit windows key + D and launch other applications and they work smoothly but if you go to jriver it then causes the system to hang

Sometimes jriver 23 causes the Windows to hang even if nothing is being played in the player and you have to kill it in task manager. To test this I was playing a song in jriver 19 and a few tabs were open in chrome and everything was working fine, the moment I opened jriver 23 the PC started to hang and then hiccups and stutters occurred even when I was using chrome and jriver 19 was closed. Killing jriver 23 in task manager resolved all the problems

Loading .srt sub files causes some video playback to stop but the audio keeps working in the background.

I use jriver 19 and none of these problems occur on jriver 19.

To test whether my PC is at fault I downloaded some of the previous builds of jriver 23 and they do not have any of these problems.

i7 4790k, 16GB RAM Win 7x64 so I don't think its a CPU bottleneck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:46:02 am »

Could be this problem:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113569.0.html

Any ASIO driver used must be 64 bit if you're using MC 64.
Pages: [1]   Go Up