INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 23 still hanging my system - DESPERATE!  (Read 886 times)

CJP

JRiver 23 still hanging my system - DESPERATE!
« on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:19 pm »

Uninstalled AVG, put in the exclusions for Windows Defender as instructed, and JRiver 23 is still hanging my machine.  It only seems to do it when I'm using the machine for something else, like email or surfing, while Media Center is playing music (I don't use it for anything else).  I'm listening to a song and all of a sudden I get blip-blip-blip-blip, the same 1 second of the song repeated over and over, and everything else is locked.  I have to power down to get the machine back.  I'm using Windows 10 on a 64 bit, 2.8ghz Dell laptop with 8 GB RAM, and I don't have any problems with any other programs, just Media Center.  I'm getting desperate.  Attached are logs from the last two time's it's hung.  HELP!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: JRiver 23 still hanging my system - DESPERATE!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:23:31 pm »

I'm only guessing, but try a couple of things:
- Tools --> Options --> Audio --> Audio Device:  Try both a WASAPI and a Direct Sound version of the driver.  Also make sure you have the latest driver from your Laptop Installed
- Check the Health of your HDD (I use HDSentinel)
JRiver CEO Elect

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: JRiver 23 still hanging my system - DESPERATE!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »

these types of drivers need to come from your manufacturer and not windows update. windows 10 is notorious for installing bad video and sound drivers. tho mostly for add on cards...just saying
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up