INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 files in Albums don't match files  (Read 2108 times)

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member
23 files in Albums don't match files
« on: December 29, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »

If I look at my library using either the files option in JR23 or even Win10 files program I see all my library sorted under artists names, but in one Album name view, one folder that should have say 10 songs in it shows up displaying many songs from many albums, worse still is if I want to play that artist from the Files view it shows up wrongly by showing the album cover of the Album view that's got nothing to do with the song. So I'm confussed at to what action to take to get JR23 to sort the library correctly so its Album view only shows the folder its pointed at not mysteriously including many other folders with it, then playing those added folders through the one album including cover art. I hope this makes some sense?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

check the tags
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

Thanks for that TAGS reply but can you be a bit more specific or expansive or even show how/more so I can follow your steps please?

~OHM~

Thanks for that TAGS reply but can you be a bit more specific or expansive or even show how/more so I can follow your steps please?
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=tag&fulltext=Search
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

Again thanks, can i ask if this procedure will also "fix" issues like say where a Cher album of 2 discs creates a 3rd album cover with just one track in it that really belongs on disc 2's album?

I've tried dragging and dropping that orphan file onto its correct album with out effect. Same thing for Movie soundtracks where I currently wind up with say 88 movie sound tracks with each individual song having its own "Album cover" view, when really its just two cd's worth of files.

BTW that album view with the wrong files showing contains over 1000 songs hence why a overall fix is being looked for. I have tried just using the TAG command to correct the data for say one song at a time but they still stay in the same group within that album view.

~OHM~

agelessgoodguy

• Recent member

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto:(
or more here

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tagging

the first link given doesn't give any info anymore sadly, the other doesn't give any master form of fix like I'd hoped for... ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 23 files in Albums don't match files
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 06:54:06 am »

Make sure that the tags for all files for Artist and Album Artist are the same.

Then you can use MC's tools to move them.  Rename, Move, and Copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up