INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going wireless in surround sound  (Read 1908 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
Going wireless in surround sound
« on: December 30, 2017, 05:09:56 am »

I'm just going to say it: I'm tired of wiring my nine channels (seven speakers, two subs) to my A/V receiver. It's not that I don't know how or otherwise can't; it's just a long, tedious process of installing race ways and running cable either through them or under the carpet and I just don't want to do it any more.

However, I am not looking to replace all of my channels with wireless alternatives. I like my Polk monitors; they've served me damned well and I think they ought to continue to do so. Same idea with the A/V receiver.

So what I want is this: adapters that allow the A/V receiver to push audio to each channel wirelessly. I understand that this will require an amplifier or some such to drive the speakers in the absence of a direct powered connection--this is acceptable to me. Otherwise, I'd like for my surround topology to remain the same.

If such a thing doesn't exist, then I'll bite the bullet, but I'm hoping it does. Is there anything else I should consider?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Going wireless in surround sound
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 06:23:35 am »

We've been working on a project that might work.  Here's a thread that has part of the information:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113185.msg782688.html#msg782688

The IdPi has wireless capability.

The HiFiBerry works as an amplifier.

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:04:15 am »

Ahh. How would I use it in this context?

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 12:24:09 am »

Any other thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up