INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for help and advice  (Read 802 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Looking for help and advice
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:26:15 am »

I tried JRiver MC a couple of years ago and I liked it but the wife did not so I went with Kodi/ Mediaportal instead, now regretting wasting my time. Kodi works ok but is very buggy and I am tired of its reoccurring issues so I want to switch to JRiver. I also want to reinstall windows 10 on my HTPC and was wondering what version do you recommend? I would like to be able to schedule updates and not have the computer restart when I am in the middle of something. Can that be done with Win 10 pro reliably? Seems like there are a lot of issues with win 10 and running a HTPC. Also since I have a subscription to Schedules Direct, I will need to set up MC to use it for guide data. I have read the Wiki and I think I have it figured out. Our primary use for the HTPC is watching recorded OTA TV and viewing our library of videos and with JRiver I also want to use our music library and be able to play it on our other devices. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up