INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An update messed up ripping?  (Read 1424 times)

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
An update messed up ripping?
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:22:46 pm »

I have not ripped a disk in a few months since I have been buying music as downloads. I tried to rip a disc today and have encountered some issues.

I have always ripped a disc to my desktop into a folder named CD Rips....this is on C drive. Once the disc was ripped, I would cut and paste it to my M drive in folders for Artists/Albums(outside of JRiver). Import a single folder in JRiver. I would then Tag everything. Never had any issues.

Now:
I rip to the same desktop folder. (songs are now alphabetical as opposed to numbered as before- WHY?). Some reason...these are now being auto imported even though C drive is not being watched. When I Cut and Paste to M drive (and then import a single folder), the resulting files still show up in JRiver under C Drive and of course I cannot do anything with the files because JRiver cannot locate them on M and they are no longer on C. I have tried every setting that I can find and re-ripped the disc several times, but keep having the same result. I have found a terrible work around....I have to use the delete from library to recycle bin function and then restore for recycle bin, go to folder on desktop and cut the folder, paste it to M, then import a single folder. Then I can see them in JRiver on M drive. While the songs are in proper order in JRiver, they are still alphabetical in the actual folder on M.

What am I missing? It seems this all stems from the rip function and something going wrong there. 1. Rip is not including song numbers to keep the songs in proper order. 2. When ripping, JRiver is automatically adding the songs to the library even though auto import is off for all drives.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: An update messed up ripping?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 06:48:47 pm »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 08:46:45 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Ripping
Helped with adding the track number, but the other issue remain.

What tells JRiver to add files to library when ripping?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 10:26:46 pm »

It's automatic.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »

save this for future refrence

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions

look under i  for import
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »

You can move the files from within MC by using MC's Tools.

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:13 am »

You can move the files from within MC by using MC's Tools.
None of anything above helped. I went ahead and did the other 4 CDs that I had and did not have any problem with moving the files to my M drive. Worked as it always has. I went back and tried the original CD that I wrote about at the beginning and the problem appeared again. So, for some reason, it must be something with that 1 disc. FYI....Jimi Hendrix BBC Sessions. I had to go about using my work around to get the files set up again, but all is good now as long as I don't have to rip BBC again :)

Thanks for everyone trying to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up