INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebRemote and Panel won't Connect [Solved]  (Read 1591 times)

al1947

• World Citizen
WebRemote and Panel won't Connect [Solved]
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:46:08 pm »

seems to have broken both web remote and panel... pages won't open

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WebRemote and Panel won't Connect [Solved]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »

seems to have broken both web remote and panel... pages won't open
Double check the address.  A firewall could also block access.

Make sure Media Network is checked in settings.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:08:41 pm »

I have loaded build 23.0.90 on my IMac running High Sierra. My Renderer is a networked Yamaha ysp-5100 sound bar.
I control media centre using jremote on my ipad running ios 11.2

Whilst playing music I put the screen of my IMac to sleep so I have a dark screen.
Prior to this build I had no problems, Now however I can only play the track or playlist selected before I put the screen to sleep. I can’t select a different track in the playlist or play a different album without waking the IMac screen up. If I try and play another album nothing happens until I wake the IMac screen up.

This makes this build unusable for me.

Is this a bug? If not can the old DLNA method be offered as a selectable alternative.

Thanks.
Karl

Update 20/12/17 I have reloaded JRiver and l thought it was working as sometimes l can select just one track after sleeping the screen but then nothing else, but sometimes nothing. I discovered this was just a timeout of about 5secs after sleeping screen.
So still not working.

Update 24/12/17 Have just loaded latest High Sierra release from apple and I can now use Media center with my screen in sleep mode. The only strange thing is that it was working untill I loaded Media center 23.0.90.... I will monitor the situation and see if there are any other issues.

Update 28/12/17 Tonight the TV grabbed the renderer whilst the Imac screen was in sleep mode afterwards media center would not play and went back to how it was before with no track selection, and trying to play another album would not work, until after the screen was woken.
I restarted the Imac and it started working properly again. However it appears that if another device uses the renderer media center can’t regrab it when the screen is asleep? When the screen is woken up the renderer starts playing. Has there been a change to the initialisation or the way the renderer is engaged? The sleep screen issue reappeared and grabbing the renderer seems to be a problem and the renderer is still not remembered after a restart of the Imac (It did loose the renderer after a restart before this build but it was grabbed ok after it had been found by turning the renderer off and on)

As I said initially I never had problems till build 23.0.90 but there are now some issues.
If jriver has not been using the renderer it will not grab it if screen is asleep.
There are a lot of variables here.
One is the update to OSX.
Another is the DLNA changes.
Another is the XCode compiler update which the last build was made with.

We can try to eliminate some of them.
First thing is to try the previous build and see if the issues go away even with your renderer being stolen by the TV.

Also, I will assume it's probably not just that your screen is turning off, also that the computer itself is sleeping and for some reason the DLNA playback activity isn't keeping it awake.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »

Double check the address.  A firewall could also block access.

Make sure Media Network is checked in settings.

Not having much luck: firewall is off on both Macs, address is correct media network is checked

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 03:54:58 pm »

Not having much luck: firewall is off on both Macs, address is correct media network is checked
Just tested it here with the current build and it works fine.
Check the port in the settings. The default is 52199 but that can be changed.
Look at the Media Network status screen (under services and plugins in the tree). It will tell you the ports in use and whether or not the servers started successfully.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 05:17:49 pm »

My bad... a OS reinstall, just before I upgraded to .90, changed the notebook's IP address. Blamed the wrong software.  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up