INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies off server skipping, glitching, jumping to different languages  (Read 926 times)

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck

Titles says it. When using my separate server with jiver running as the server, my DVD movies ripped to mkv skip, jump, and do all sorts of weird glitching including jumping to different languages. I'm playing this on a windows htpc using jriver as well (separate from the server).

When I set up a file share on the server, then use jriver's explorer function to play the movie right off the server's hard drive on the htpc, no issues.

I'm not sure what to think.

Any help? Advice? Thanks!

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Movies off server skipping, glitching, jumping to different languages
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:13:34 pm »

More info: Using EOS on my Android phone, same thing. Much skipping, glitching, and weirdness.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:24:26 pm »

"jumping to different languages" ??!!

You are sitting on the HTPC remote. Or the dog is playing with it. Or it has a stuck button. Or maybe it is a key on a Bluetooth keyboard?

What else could possibly change languages?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 06:29:13 pm »

Actually, it looks like these are DVDs ripped through jriver that is the problem. Mkvs seem to be ok. Baffled.

Short of converting the ripped DVDs to mkv, I'm not sure what to do. I'm running windows updates now. I'll come back once that's all completed. Maybe an update borked DVD playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up