INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center backround process  (Read 1137 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Media center backround process
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:18:26 am »

From time to time, most often after closing the Media Center during challanging internet connection or DSP task, a background process named 'Media Center' is left dangling in the task manager and I have to terminate it manually before i can successfully run media center again.

This is a bit annoying but doable for users with some PC experience but for basic user? I think they need to restart the full PC before they can use JRiver again

is anybody experiencing this?
thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Media center backround process
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:44:05 am »

You just need to give it a bit more time to close on it's own, or you may have the server set to start on windows start up and in that case the server won't shut down by just closing MC. there may be a setting to close the server in that fashion tho....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media center backround process
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »

In particular when you start using MC for the first time on a large music library, it needs to analyze all the tracks and build thumbnails etc. It does this in the background, and it may hold the process open even if you “close” the application. Once it has done all that the first time, it will close much faster thereafter. So just give it enough time (at first it may need tens of minutes, if not hours..)..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up