INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel on the Id  (Read 1478 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Panel on the Id
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:09:26 pm »

Can you set up the Id to boot straight to Panel?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Panel on the Id
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:13:40 am »

Can you set up the ID to boot straight to Panel?

When I run headless, I'll either go Panel or remote in via RDP.

To answer the question, the Id just boots. Panel will pick up a functioning instance by <IP Address>:<Port>.

Are you wanting your browser to boot to the Id's Panel automatically? That's a cat that can be skinned various ways.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:03 am »

Thanks Astromo. I have a similar objective in mind to the original post.

I want to install a single Id on a family members tv, I'll setup music and playlists and have it ready to go. Then it boots to panel on the tv.

Maybe multiple devices (Id plus panel on ios) is the way to go, just trying to get a sense for options.

Right now, IdPi boots to a GUI and a text menu. Can Id be configured to boot straight to Panel instead?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:32:14 am »

drmimosa,
It's an Id, not an ID, please.  That's to try to distinguish it from ID, the abbreviation for identity.  It's an Id.  It rhymes with Nicole Kidman.

I know it may seem trivial, but it matters. 

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 08:49:03 am »

We may put a browser on the desktop or in the right click menu of the Id.  Then it could connect to Panel using localhost.  We'll investigate.  It would be a nice use for the Id.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:52:16 am »

drmimosa,
It's an Id, not an ID, please.  That's to try to distinguish it from ID, the abbreviation for identity.  It's an Id.  It rhymes with Nicole Kidman.

I know it may seem trivial, but it matters. 

Thanks.

Gotcha!

dls123

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 01:23:15 pm »

We may put a browser on the desktop or in the right click menu of the Id.  Then it could connect to Panel using localhost.  We'll investigate.  It would be a nice use for the Id.

That would be really nice.   If you could put a modern browser that could be updated now and then it would work with all sorts of external sites.  Mainly it needs to run flash.... if possible.  Thanks for at least looking into it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up