INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist Import  (Read 1204 times)

Bullitt5094

• Recent member
Playlist Import
« on: January 06, 2018, 01:13:28 pm »

How do you import playlists to the Id? I export a playlist from Windows MC in both a Mediacenter and M3U files. I move those files to the ID internal storage Media folder. I then use Playlist Import on Id MC, go to those files and attempt to import them and they don't show up in Id MC. What am I doing wrong here?Getting a bit frustrated with this. The procedure above should just work. Glad there is a 30 day return policy. I now have 29 days left.

And SYNC isn't working either. Which is why I'm trying to Import my Playlists manually. Anyone else had that problem?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlist Import
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:55:31 pm »

It's OK if you want to return it.  Just contact deanna at jriver.

Bullitt5094

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:01:27 pm »

Jim, if I add Win 10 to the NUC, will it work correctly or is the hardware insufficient for a windows system/MC installation? Seems all of the frustration I'm experiencing is due to Windows/Linux products not wanting to play well together. The deal breaker is the Sync function not working. I like to Rip/Modify on my windows office computer then Sync with my HTPC computer in my Home Theater where I want to put the ID.

Also, would the Win 10 install on the NUC also allow Pandora and Movie Playback capabilities the Linux install lacks?

I really like the unit and don't really want to return it. The sound quality is excellent as a music server, which was my greatest fear. I don't mind investing another $100 for Win 10 to have it function like I want it. In fact, have you considered a Win 10 ID? Or at least an adder for one with a Win 10 MC install? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:39:22 am »

Please return the Id and get something you like.  Sorry it didn't work out.

Bullitt5094

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:00:46 am »

OK. I'll take your suggestion Jim. I just sent an email to Deanna.

Again, the sound quality of the unit feeding my Lyngdorf 2170 is as good or better than my Windows HTPC. The USB interface to the 2170 worked without a hitch. That is pretty high-end amp, so I feel any sound quality deficits would have been exposed. But it sounded extremely clean. If others are looking for a stand-alone unit, or just a DNS server, the Id is great.

Sorry if I frustrated you Jim. I love the JRiver products. I've been using them for years. I am on the latest version and have purchased ever version starting with 20. So don't think I'm bashing what you're doing. Please keep up the good work. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up