INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linked Zone with DLNA Renderer - Play Pauses  (Read 925 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Linked Zone with DLNA Renderer - Play Pauses
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:18:52 am »

I set up a DLNA renderer using Bubble UPnP Server and a  Chromecast Audio. It plays fine by itself. When I link it to my usb DAC, there are pauses every few tracks for 3 to 5 seconds, typically in the first 10 seconds of a track, but sometimes later in the track.  Both the Chromecast and the usb DAC pause. The display timer stops counting. This happens when I am playing directly from MC or when using JRemote for playback. MC is 64 bit 23.0.92 on a Windows 7 PC. The files are Redbook flac.

I do not know if this is a general problem with linking DLNA devices or whether it is specific to the BubbleUPNP/Chromecast.

I tried to uncheck the Disable SetNext Support option, but once playback starts, the check mark appears again automatically.  Checking the other DLNA options (Polling and Get Position) don't seem to make any difference.  The DLNA setup is just a copy of the default Generic with Audio Mode set to Original.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linked Zone with DLNA Renderer - Play Pauses
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:56:20 pm »

I tried a different DLNA renderer, a Sony TV. I had the same type of pauses with that linked to my usb DAC as I had with the Chromecast Audio. So, I do not believe the BubbleUPnP/Chromecast Audio is the problem. It seems like linking my usb DAC to a DLNA renderer causes the problem. Given that the Chromecast works fine when not linked, it seems like the linking process may be causing the problem.

Anyone else have these types of pauses with DLNA renderers linked to a usb DAC?

Any suggestions?

Pages: [1]   Go Up