INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Master license doesn't work  (Read 1028 times)

ccheu

Master license doesn't work
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:55:57 am »

I bought a MC license for Mac and has been working well. I just paid US$26.98 to upgrade to a master license through the Help session after reading the following info from JRiver:

A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems.  During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers.  You may use a single license for all you computers, within reason.

However, after paying, what I received is an install code for the same mac version which cannot be used with my other Windows PC. Anyone out there can tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

ccheu

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

ccheu

Re: Master license doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:53:55 am »

The licensing code I was given is for mac only. I thought when I purchased the master license, the new registration code can be used cross platform in my Windows PC. When I try to enter the registration code, it says "Your license is for a different product" in my Windows PC.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »

yes it's good for all platforms but a master license is only good for the version of MC you purchased it for....so if you purchased it for MC22 it would not work on MC23
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 09:02:01 pm »

Did you get an email with a new mjr file attached after purchasing? Did the email say it was a Master Licence?

The email will have a subject line of "Registration Code for JRiver, Inc. Media Center 23 Master" and begin something like "Thank you for your purchase of Media Center 21 Master from JRiver, Inc."

If so, save that mjr file somewhere on the Windows PC, then double click on it. That should install the licence if MC23 is already installed on the PC. If it still comes up with the "Your license is for a different product" message, then something went wrong in the purchase process.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up