INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving "read only" files results in broken links?  (Read 908 times)

fermenter

• Recent member
Moving "read only" files results in broken links?
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:19 pm »

I don't INTENTIONALLY have read-only files, they just turn up from time to time.

I use MC to organise my video library. Once files are tagged and names cleaned etc I 'rename and move' them in bulk using preset rules. However this breaks the link for any 'read only' files, where MC believes the file to be in the new location while in fact it was never moved from the old one.

So this leads me to two questions: firstly, is there any way to prevent this from happening - for example, by preventing MC from making the internal change if the external one didn't stick? And secondly, is there a way to fix the links and keep all my cleanup and tagging work if and when this happens?

fermenter

• Recent member
Re: Moving "read only" files results in broken links?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:50 am »

Bumpity?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:14 am »

If a file is Read Only, MC should be able to copy it to a new location, _unless_ that location is also Read Only.

fermenter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 08:47:12 pm »

Thanks Jim, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening. The destination is always in my main media directories, which are definitely not read-only. Perhaps it's the combination of renaming and moving?

Is there any way to reconnect MC to the unmoved files and avoid the all rework of importing and tagging again?
Pages: [1]   Go Up