INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to fix Playlists created before migrating MC server from Win10 to Id  (Read 1437 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"

I've used MC on my Win10 desktop for years, using the desktop as the server. Always had all files stored on my NAS, including the library files. I've created playlists over those years, because that's what music people do. They represent the labor of love, creativity and frankly: since they took time to make, and since the data (music files, libraries, etc.) are safe, they end up being the thing I care about the most.

Moving the server from Win10 desktop to Id did not move my playlists. So, I tried to import them. No dice (the playlist files imported, so the names appear under the "Imported Playlists" tree, but they're empty). I edited one, as indicate in my post, to change the file path to match the music files

Win10 path - \\BYTOR\SongVault\
Id path - /mnt/SoungVault/

and imported it, but I got the same result.

HELP! I have almost 4 dozen playlists...

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

One way you can do it..... re-export all playlists using the W10 machine with the "Store paths relative to.." option. Make sure the playlists are under /SongVault somewhere, and redirect the ID to look there for them in the Auto-Import options.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen

I still can't get my Playlists right. Before I even try to import my old ones, I've been experimenting with creating new ones. Current setup: NAS->Id, with MC23 on Win10 client.

If I create a Playlist in the Win10 client, it'll disappear after the Id refreshes (i.e., auto-imports). What am I doing wrong???

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

have you tried installing a back up from MC before you made the move...the playlists will go with the backup
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen

In fact, I did. They didn't come.

I even tried to take one pre-existing Playlist and edit it to change the path for the files (search-and-replace), and that didn't work either.

But even before I try this, I have to be able to create new ones in the client and have them stick!

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

check all the smartlists....if I remember correctly they are in one called downloaded or something like that....they may be there hiding on you...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen

I've checked, and I can't find anything. I appreciate your help. If anyone can assist, I've tried many times... Again: I can't create a Playlist in Win10 client that will stick. Evidently, I can't write to the Id. HELP!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If I create a Playlist in the Win10 client, it'll disappear after the Id refreshes (i.e., auto-imports). What am I doing wrong???
If your Win10 machine is the client and the Id is your server, then playlists made on the Win10 machine won't be saved on the server unless you enable authentication on the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up