INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: JRiver & Chromecast  (Read 4016 times)

rlebrette

Feature Request: JRiver & Chromecast
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:34:03 am »

I know that we can broadcast audio and video from JRiver's Android remote (JRemote & EOS) to a Chromecast appliance.
But it's currently not possible directly from JRiver like what we have for other JRiver remote zone and DLNA Renderer.
I don't know how complex is the Chromecast API, but it should not be a big challenge.

What do you think?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: JRiver & Chromecast
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:52:43 am »

I know that we can broadcast audio and video from JRiver's Android remote (JRemote & EOS) to a Chromecast appliance.
But it's currently not possible directly from JRiver like what we have for other JRiver remote zone and DLNA Renderer.
I don't know how complex is the Chromecast API, but it should not be a big challenge.

What do you think?

You can connect MC to a Chromecast using BubbleUPnP Server.  A native solution would be nice, but this works.

You can now play to a Chromecast Audio (or regular Chromecast) with MC,
using the latest version of BubbleUPnP Server released yesterday to make your Chromecast Audio a DLNA renderer, then use
MC to play to it:

• Install BubbleUPnP Server 0.9-update13, or update to this version
  • in the web config, go to the Media Renderers tab
  • select your Chromecast Audio in the list and check 'create DLNA renderer'
  • in MC, select the newly created renderer in the 'Playing Now' section of the left pane
  • play something
  • music on Chromecast audio !

Eventually, look at the doc for more info on features and some limitations.

rlebrette

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:56:32 am »

You can connect MC to a Chromecast using BubbleUPnP Server.  A native solution would be nice, but this works.

Thanks, I've not seen this post, it's very valuable. It's an interesting potential workaround.
Native support would be also cool.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:14 am »

Installing BubbleUPnP Server will tell you that you need to open ports 58050 and 58051. You only need to do that if you want to control it from outside the network. You can just ignore those errors if you just use it locally. Other than that, it is pretty straightforward. There can be issues with what order you do things in if your Chromecast is unpluged and then plugged back in. I just leave mine all the time.

moxa

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:10:20 am »

Hi ;)

I'm not a geek, the computer mode scares me  :-\.

It's not important why my car run, only the pleasure to drive it  ;D !

And I think "just a button" cast is a very very good idea  ;)

Best regards
I'm very happy to see you

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 11:28:59 am »

I set up BubbleUPnP Server up for my 4 Chromecast Audio's and 2 Gen 1 Chromecasts which was pretty painless.

After that, I was able to play music to the Chromecast Audios, but when I tried to play a Recorded TV Show (in JTV format) to one of the Gen 1 Chromecasts it wouldn't play.  I assume this means I need to convert it to a supported format first? 

I looked through the formats supported by the convert format tool within MC, but the descriptions didn't have enough detail to make me confident any of them would work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up