INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel on IdPi: power and update commands stopped working  (Read 1196 times)

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
Panel on IdPi: power and update commands stopped working
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:03:35 pm »

This has been the case for some weeks now and as far as I know I haven't changed anything:

Since setting up the IdPi back in August I have been using JRemote to control it, occasionally VNC for admin but mostly Panel as I like to shut it down every day and 'settings' is a handy way to do this. Pull up Settings, tap the Shutdown button, a message comes up to say it is happening and off it goes. Recently this has stopped working, the button still changes colour when tapped but no message appears and the Pi doesn't shut down. Going in via VNC and entering 99 still works fine. All this from an IPad, and just to add - the Gizmo side of things still works fine.
Also not working via Panel are 'Restart' and 'Check for updates'.
Same issue in Safari and Firefox.
I have also tried Panel from a PC on the same network with the same results. Is there something I can check for? The Pi is up to date as I have run update via VNC.
Id: 22.0.78  MC: 22.0.113  Engen: 1.0.69  Id Script: 22.0.79

A second question which isn't related to this issue: is there a way to navigate from Gizmo back to Panel? 'Audio' in Panel takes me to Gizmo but I don't seem to have a button to get back again (other than the 'back' button on the browser.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Panel on IdPi: power and update commands stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »

You need to set up authentication on the server under Media Network.  Then you will need to login to Panel.  Hopefully the login will be moved soon so it's only required when you click on Settings.

Audio shouldn't take you to Gizmo.

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 01:08:11 am »

Thank you.
The IdPi *is* the server, sorry if that wasn’t clear.
Setting up authentication (which wasn’t) and going back to Panel now works.
As far as I am aware authentication hadn’t been set up in the past and yet the Panel functions had been working fine without the need to log in - is that something new or has something changed at my end?

About Gizmo (screen shots added as attachments) :52199/Panel gives me the Panel screen with the  train tracks at the bottom. Tapping Audio on that screen takes me to :52199/Gizmo/library.html?LibraryLocation=1
Is there something not right with either of those?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:13:32 am »

That's an older version of Panel.

You could set the browser Home button to open Panel. 

Backspace may work to back up in your browser.

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:15:33 am »

Does the IdPi not get the newer version of Panel?
Pages: [1]   Go Up