INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View goes into Detail Movie view - can we get a button to get back  (Read 611 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I hate to even post this because it acknowledges that I' am idiot - but maybe JRiver can make a change to help others MC challenged like me.

So here's the issue:
I'm using my keyboard and mouse and looking at movie listings in Theater View (grid view) and I select a movie I may want to watch. But somehow I manage to click my mouse on the "director's name" or "actors name" or such) and then the view changes (it now shows the cover art in upper left corner and some text at the top (like directors name). I believe this is the "Details View".

But I don't want this screen/view and I don't want to watch this movie, I want to go back to the main menu showing all movie listings but there is no obvious way to get out.

Clicking on the cover art icon takes me to what looks like the original view (with the "back, watch, select, tag," etc, buttons - however the "back" button does not take me to the Theater View main menu as it normally would - it takes be back to the previous screen/view. It seems like I'm stuck in a loop between these two views.

The ESC button seems like a natural way to escape this view but that doesn't work. The arrow keys don't seem to do anything (however I found out that after like ten presses it does get me out). Trying the F keys just makes a mess.

Well, I had this problem before, but I couldn't remember the solution (or reason) so I went looking for my old post. I found it - it's link is below.

I'm sure other Users have gotten lost the same way - so I'm asking if the developers could add a button on that "Details screen" to return User to main menu (or make the ESC key do it, or some other fix to help prevent this. I'm not a fan of using key stroke combinations because they are hard to remember if you don't use them all the time.

Thanks for listening.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101583.msg704792.html#msg704792
Pages: [1]   Go Up