INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "TV tuner in use or not available" problem on Compro TV PCIe card  (Read 2079 times)

Rexact

Hello to everyone!

I'm new to JRiver. Apart from a few things one would like to improve, it's a nice program, and what is simply great, is the possibility to load VST plugins into the audio path. For the so-called "room correction" done by VST plugin, that's wonderful, and same applies to headphone listeners that work with plugins to improve can monitoring by HRTF functions.

Well, but here we are on the TV "channel", and what I couldn't find out is why JRiver refuses to function in terms of television, always reporting at the end of the TV setup that a sender scan isn't possible because the recognized TV tuner card is in use already or not available. This, although my TV card is actually not in use.
Can anyone help?

WIN 8.1 x64, JRiver 23.0.91, TV card PCIe "Compro DVB Receiver BE4D32D120862703" (DVB-S/S2).
TV card works fine with different software (DVBViewer)...

Many thanks in advance!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: "TV tuner in use or not available" problem on Compro TV PCIe card
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 09:21:20 pm »

On rare occasions we may need to give tuners of certain particular brand some special treatment for them to work.  I am not sure if this is one of those.  The file  you attached clearly shows that there is a bda tuner on your system.  MC should detect it.  There is something strange about the device though, as the tuner device is named "Compro DVB Receiver" while the receiver device is also named "Compro DVB Receiver".

I will need you to capture more logging for me.  In MC, go to Help and click Logging...  On the resulting dialog window make sure "Output to a log file" checkbox is checked.  Close the dialog window and try running TV setup until you encounter the problem.  Go back to Help > Logging, and click "Report problem...".  A zipped package will be saved to your desktop.  Email that file to me.  My email is yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 09:51:04 pm »

Your log files suggest that you have an OTA epg scanning setup previously.  As soon as you start MC, EPG scanning tried to start, and used up your only tuner.  I am not sure whether the epg scanning was successfully started, but the fact the tuner was in "preparing" state suggests that it might have been stuck.  Before you try running Setup again, go to TV Options... and click "Load Program Guide..." in General section.  On the resulting window clear all checkboxes and click OK.  That will prevent epg scanning from starting up again.  If you can not find "Load program guide..." option, you should find "Stop loading program guide...".  Click that to stop currently running scan.

Since you have only one tuner, I would suggest that you do not use OTA epg scan because you will not be able to use the tuner for watching or recording when it is scanning for EPG.  You can use one of the online EPG options.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Rexact

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 02:26:06 pm »

Well, yes, if the tuner is completely occupied by EPG scanning, a 2nd tuner would be needed for watching, that's clear.
I hadn't been aware of that because I assumed that EPG and watching would work seamlessly in parallel like with the DVBViewer software (there, I get EPG over the air, too, but there's no interference with watching via the same tuner).

Ok, I did as you advised. And without the OTA EPG gathering, the sender scan worked.

Also, mc2xml seemed has received data (after several unsuccessful trials), but concerning some of the channels, EPG shows the message that there is no information available.
AND watching isn't possible, there's always the message "No signal"...

Suppose I should send a log .zip again, and will do so via e-mail.

Thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up