INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album thumbnails not loading on MC client [SOLVED]  (Read 2920 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Album thumbnails not loading on MC client [SOLVED]
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:39:27 am »

I run MC client on my office computer (23.0.94). I have had all kind of problems during the past few months being able to load my server library. This has been due new company restrictions (MC is hereby categorized as "Unwated or suspicious network traffic"  ;D ). I found a loophole connecting through secure connection, and streaming from my server works again (for now). At the same time I noticed that only some album covers were loaded. Even after weeks, only a few cover thumbnails are updated.

Image and Video thumbs seem fine. What's with the music thumbs? Anything trick I can use to update them?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Album thumbnails not loading on MC client
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:30 am »

you have auto sync checked right? is it still building the thumbnails? it could be slow considering your work environment. and you have build missing thumbs checked right? you could carry the thumb folder over to that pc also.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 01:54:56 pm »

Oh, I'll check tomorrow about the autosync.
And no, server thumbs are at 100%, and client thumbs have been stuck where they are without progress past few weeks.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »

ya that may have to do with your work environment....can you reboot your work machine and see if that helps?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 02:23:03 pm »

I reboot the computer every day before I leave office, so I don't have hopes. And also, I have never seen this problem before. It correlates well with the date I switched to secure connection.

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:05:09 pm »

oh yeah the firewall, weird why some are getting thru

Augustusflavius

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:44:00 pm »

OM

Where do I find the build missing thumbs check box? I can't seem to find it.

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:49:33 am »

Hello Augustusflavius and welcome to Interact....hope you've been here a long time and just needed now to speak up.....

OM

Where do I find the build missing thumbs check box? I can't seem to find it.
Tools>Options>Library&Folders>Configure Auto Import...be sure the build thumbnails is checked

now to answer your ? Tools>Options>Tree&View>Thumbnails....now a quick way to get a round in tools is at the bottom of it is a search box....type in build missing thumbnails.... ;D now this one is not a check box it's a as need basis....
it's a good idea to start at the top of tools and poke around all the way to the bottom...the trick is not to make a bunch of changes at the same time so you can't see what a specific change does so if you don't like it or you break something you can get it fixed with out a lot of sorrow...all in good time

Trumpetguy

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 01:58:05 am »

oh yeah the firewall, weird why some are getting thru

I just hooked up a new MC client via secure connection on a second computer while on my home wifi. Same problem, so it doesn't appear to be firewall related either. And on both computers thumbs have shown just fine earlier when connecting through standard (non-secure?) connection. Both on my home network and from office.

Now I learned a thing or two about rebuilding thumbs from you other posts, so the laptop is working hard on that. I'll report back when it is finished.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 02:06:01 am »

BTW, it seems that "rebuild thumbnails" starts from scratch each time...it is trying to rebuild 84k thumbs, and I had to reboot the computer when it had counted to 11k. When restarting, it started at 1 once more. Does it need to have a 100% run to succeed?

~OHM~

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 03:02:34 am »

BTW, it seems that "rebuild thumbnails" starts from scratch each time...it is trying to rebuild 84k thumbs, and I had to reboot the computer when it had counted to 11k. When restarting, it started at 1 once more. Does it need to have a 100% run to succeed?

That I don't know...I'm sure a Guru will be along to answer that for you. I always forget to back up that thumbs folder.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 06:31:13 am »

Well, now rebuilding thumbnails has completed, with no change whatsoever. Not one single thumb was generated for images or movies. And as far as I can see, no new thumbs have appeared for my music albums either (even if it a bit harder to see there because there were more than a few there already).

So, what next?

~OHM~

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:26:15 am »

Well, now rebuilding thumbnails has completed, with no change whatsoever. Not one single thumb was generated for images or movies. And as far as I can see, no new thumbs have appeared for my music albums either (even if it a bit harder to see there because there were more than a few there already).

So, what next?
Let's hope a Guru stops by....sorry I was of no help...I'm sure we'll be shaking our heads and thinking how we missed the fix....good luck

Trumpetguy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 11:59:54 am »

Thanks for your effort and suggestions, anyway, much appreciated!

~OHM~

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 02:13:37 pm »

;)

Trumpetguy

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 01:23:56 am »

I just tried right-clicking on a file in standard view and chose "Rebuild thumbnail" on that particular file. No result.
Maybe this is actually a bug? I only happens when I connect through secure connection. The only way I manage to do that is to type in an URL on the form

m0ps://myIP:portnumber (no success if I try e.g. https://)

And to repeat, it is only the thumbnails (well, most of them). All content plays just fine. But not having the thumbs there makes me realize how important they are, though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:13 am »

Try rebuilding on the server.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 08:55:40 am »

Try rebuilding on the server.

That did the trick, thank you so much, Jim!

(why didn't I think of that myself??)
Pages: [1]   Go Up