INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay gain values disappeared, and it doesn't level volume  (Read 1389 times)

twherreman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Replay gain values disappeared, and it doesn't level volume
« on: January 15, 2018, 02:41:28 pm »

Hello everybody, I have been a happy user since 2004. I upgraded from 18 to 23 the other day. Restored library to MC 23. But my replay gain values have disappeared. When I Analyze Audio, new replay gain values do not appear. Also my playback volume is not levelled which is a major pain since I work as a DJ. The Volume levelling box is checked in the DSP Studio menu. Am I missing something? Did those tags move to a different field? Is there a new setting I don't see? Am I missing the volume analysis plug in and if so, where do I find it and where do I put it? Thank you.
btw when I analyze audio it does count the bpm.
Best regards and thanks for any tips you can provide.
Tine

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Replay gain values disappeared, and it doesn't level volume
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure there was a major change in 20 or 21 that would affect that. so we all had to adjust to it....your just a late bloomer.... ;)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RD James

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 06:07:12 pm »

Media Center switched from using ReplayGain to R128 leveling, which is a more advanced system.
It should be writing ReplayGain tags that are offset from the R128 values however - so I'd suggest re-analyzing your library.
I just analyzed a new album and it wrote REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN and REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK values to the files.
Check that Media Center is still configured to write tags to the files.

twherreman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:41:21 pm »

Thanks guys, I am reanalyzing my entire library. I saw it puts the analysis result in a new tag. Hopefully the result will be leveled volume when I push my selections through the PA this weekend. Thanks again! Tine

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:25:43 pm »

well now you have to turn it on in DSP settings... :D
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up