INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idpi psu  (Read 1304 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
Idpi psu
« on: January 22, 2018, 10:37:50 am »

Hi, total newbie so this is probably a crazy question:
I bought the Idpi fully-baked and it came with USA psu, but I am in UK.  Deanna suggested I may need to buy a UK psu, but as the supplied psu is 100-240v input, could I plug it into a simple travel adapter for UK sockets?

That's before I get to the Linux!

Thanks for advice.

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Idpi psu
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:07:25 am »

Yes.  A power adaptor would work.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 11:09:04 am »

Thanks so very much.

Be prepared for more stupid questions coming your way!  I have no idea of Linuxspeak so that will probably be my next problem.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:56:17 pm »

Hi, total newbie so this is probably a crazy question:
I bought the Idpi fully-baked and it came with USA psu, but I am in UK.  Deanna suggested I may need to buy a UK psu, but as the supplied psu is 100-240v input, could I plug it into a simple travel adapter for UK sockets?

That's before I get to the Linux!

Thanks for advice.

Chris

You shouldn't need to worry about Linux. The Id is a point and shoot kind of deal.

The most difficult "Linuxie" thing you might have to negotiate is some aspects of the folder structure, if you need to point the Id to a specific location to pick up media files. But that's more because it will look a little different from what you're probably used to. I found it reasonably self guiding without needing outside help. Otherwise, the simple menu that provides admin functions is pretty straight forward.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 05:24:51 pm »

Thanks for that reassurance.

I currently use a win7 laptop into my dac (flac and dsf) via usb and a usb hard drive with files stored.
I just hate Windows with a passion and want something small and easy I can control with JRemote from my iPad.
Can the Idpi hdmi play I2S to my dac (which has an I2S hdmi socket), do you know? Or is it best to open another thread for further questions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up