INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.202 beta  (Read 9674 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.202 beta
« on: June 18, 2003, 01:24:48 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

You will lose any saved view schemes from before 9.1.200 with this build.  This may happen again before the new architecture is finalized.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91202.exe  

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History

1. NEW: Added separator colors to TOOLBARS and MENUS items in mega-me skins.
2. Fixed: Drawing images using DrawMode REGION_E_VTILE did not work correctly.
3. Changed: Improved "Hard Disk Location" based scheme handling.
4. NEW: Added "People", "Places" and "Events" as image database fields. (all List type fields)
5. NEW: Added new checkbox system for quick tagging / organization in Media Library. (checkboxes appear when clicking on file(s)) -- discussion here http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055971709
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.202 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 01:33:09 pm »

1. NEW: Added separator colors to TOOLBARS and MENUS items in mega-me skins.
2. Fixed: Drawing images using DrawMode REGION_E_VTILE did not work correctly.

Wow! You guys are fast like rockets ... 1000 Thanks ;D

Svempa

• Recent member
  • Hepp, how u doin?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 01:43:40 pm »

Excellent... :)

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:46:46 pm »

wew Nice work guys...
still waiting for getting back to store cover art in the media files or not (the option)
and a toolbar view mode always on top and above the taskbar like the one in realone :)
Tamer

mijkuf

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:49:09 pm »

Great--so I would have to re-create all of my custom view schemes if I updated from v9.0?

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 01:51:09 pm »

This is going all the way to OUTER SPACE ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 02:18:05 pm »

First Reported: 16/06/03
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback

First Reported: 16/06/03
Double clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour

First Reported: 18/06/03 (well it is here at least)
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  What is the recommended way to do this now?

First reported: 18/06/03
Some albums are being sent to the Playing Now in a strange order.  It is always the same order each time but it is wrong.  This is only when dbl clicking on the album name in the column.  If dbl clikcing on 1st track from the bottom view the order is fine...
EDIT: I don't kow what was causing this and there was no pattern what albums it happened with. But deleting and reimporting them sorted it.  Updating the library did not.  Hope this helps

Love the new tagging.  Very versatile.  MC enetrs the image album prog race in style!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

rocketsauce

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 02:27:54 pm »

Great--so I would have to re-create all of my custom view schemes if I updated from v9.0?

Yes.

Also, the whole View Scheme thing works a little differently now, so you might not be able to recreate them exactly (or at all) as they were before.

But, there are a lot of cool new features!

Rob

mijkuf

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 02:44:14 pm »

Ugh!  I am coming very close to uninstalling MC9 for good.  I can't take much more of this.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 02:45:06 pm »

Explain your problem mate and someone may be able to help you...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

mijkuf

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 02:47:49 pm »

I've posted in other threads...  Can't burn CDs with 9.0.  JohnT acknowledged one or more bugs, and advised trying 9.1.  I haven't tried burning with 9.1 yet, but even if it works, I don't like the new changes, and I have hours of work ahead of me to reconfigure everything.

I have been chasing bug fixes since MJ8.  Along the way, I've had to constantly re-learn things, re-configure things, put up with the loss of great conveniences like toolbar text, and find new bugs, one right after another.

It's pretty much like dealing with Windows upgrades.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 02:55:44 pm »

Serious issues:

- I still cannot minimize MC9 by simple LEFT-click of MC9 in task bar.  This is a regular manner of Windows applications.
- All track info pages (dirt simple, DJ, ..., neoTropic) didn't show Japanese character.  They all show '?' instead.  
- Copy and paste of tag information doesn't work properly.  For example, I select 20 songs in a album and push ^C to copy text information like song/artist/album name.  When I push ^V on Notepad, it shows only 15 songs information.
   I guess MC9 is copying the number of characters instead of bytes.  For the case of multi-bytes characters, everytime the number of characters is smaller than actual bytes.

Not serious:

- MC9.1 smartlist wizard is kinda slow.  I need to wait 25 seconds (it was 40 sec on 201) to get a wizard window when I choose add artist rule from wizard.  It's beta, so I put this as non serious issue list.
- If I install MC9.1 to new machine, MC9.1 doesn't show window at first execution.  I saw this problem on 198, but never tested it again since need to install OS to test this.
- folder= query is noe filename= query.  Help file is needed to update.

Additional issues:

- Japanese character is not sorted in Japanese alphabetical order.  Unicode didn't sort codes when they put characters, so need to sort them by using some rule based sort routine.  Look at this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vjref98/html/com.ms.wfc.app.Locale.Sort_f.asp.
However, I found this too, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/nls_5jsj.asp.  I'm not sure how WinXP works with this, but I just want to let you know this issue.
- If I push return key at the end of smartlist edit, MC9 starts playing the smartlist.  Please stop this behavior.
- Panes should be resizeable.

Thanks.

Cindy_B

• Recent member
  • I love my Media Center!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2003, 03:20:23 pm »

Great build you guys!!!

Can you change the total time in playlist back to hours/min. ?  I am really bad at math.

Thanks!

mijkuf

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2003, 03:44:58 pm »

Never mind--I've reached the end of my "MC9 rope".  I can't stand what has been done to this thing.  I am giving JetAudio a whirl.

You guys might consider settling on a design, and then making it actually work before changing one thing after another.  Try not to follow Microsoft's lead.

I know the devs are not the ones responsible.  The devs are the only decent people at JRiver.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2003, 03:54:54 pm »

User Definited Library Fields
You can't display square brackets.  Example:  I want to display '[Year] Album' but the formula '[[Date (year)]] [Album]' does not work.  Is there some way to not interpolate the brackets?  Perhaps, '\[[Date (year)]\] [Album]'?

Albums Starting on Wrong Track
When I double-click an album to start playing, it will sometimes start on a random track rather than the first one regardless of sort order.

HTTP Streaming
Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.
Toast goes in the toaster.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 04:05:41 pm »

Cerebus.  To sort out the albums starting incorrectly problem you need to reimport the albums that mess up.  I am almost finished now.  has taken the best part of two hours to search through each to see which are the messed up ones.  And I only have a small library (about 3.5K).  Enjoy!

Adam

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 04:09:25 pm »

Cannot seem to enter the year any longer, seems to get the system year!

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2003, 04:17:05 pm »

1. "Back" doesn't work properly.
Instead of going to the last artist viewed, it switches to a different view scheme.

2. I accidentally gave a song a rating.  I went to the file info, selected the rating, and hit Delete.  I got a window confirming deleting the song.

3. This new tagging thing...  My first reaction was, "Wow."  Then I tried to select some songs to play.  It took me several minutes to figure out how to switch to another artist without changing the tags of the songs I already have selected from the first artist.  It's a cool idea, but it needs some work...  

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 04:27:07 pm »

I could clean rate (rated it as 0) by clicking between left most rate star mark and left side separator.  Wanna easier mechanism like right-click rate column and select unrate, though.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 04:35:03 pm »

I could clean rate (rated it as 0) by clicking between left most rate star mark and left side separator.  Wanna easier mechanism like right-click rate column and select unrate, though.

Pick files -> Right click -> Rating -> ?

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2003, 04:37:05 pm »

hehe.  sry it is.   ;D

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2003, 04:40:47 pm »

Continuing from the .201 thread:

Adam (NoCodeUK) Wrote:
Here was my reasoning for requesting resetting columns to the right when a change was made to the left.  Doofs reasons were similar.  Mine was I have all my TV series in MC.  I have a view scheme Series/Season/Episode #.  If I select Simpsons/1/4 then change the series to Futurama, I don't expect to have 1 and 4 still selected in the other boxes.  I expect to see a list of all my Futurama Episodes.  Smilar to Doof when I have selected Futurama/2/4/ then switch to Simpsons I do not have Simpsons/2/4 so MC gets confused and nothing is selected in the last column.  Hence the reset.

Adam, Thanks for your answer about this.  However, as others have said, I think this "Auto-Clearing" behavior works for some View Schemes, but is terribly frustrating for others, such as Rating/Location or Location/Rating.  At least it should be made optional.

It boils down to this.  The new Auto-Clearing makes sense when columns are integrally tied to each other, like Artist / Album or Program / Episode.  But, Auto-Clearing is a pain in the mouse if the columns have no inherent dependency, such as Mood, Tempo, Genre, Playlist, Rating, Featured Instrument, etc.

My Proposal:
JRiver, please make a boolean property of a column in the View Scheme definition: "Clear all columns to the right when this column selection changes".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2003, 04:46:25 pm »

JRiver, please make a boolean property of a column in the View Scheme definition: "Clear all columns to the right when this column selection changes".

We may.  In a view like the default "People/Places/Events" it doesn't make that much sense for the lists to filter left-to-right.  An option in the view scheme for left-to-right, all direction, or no filtering would be handy.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2003, 05:01:08 pm »

mijkuf,

Never mind--I've reached the end of my "MC9 rope".  I can't stand what has been done to this thing.  I am giving JetAudio a whirl.

This is a BETA software. We warned everybody not to install it if they expect things to work. Your problem with CD burning will be fixed shortly; however, some bugs take a minute to fix but other bugs takes days or even weeks.

The design of the app is not finalized. We're still trying out new ideas; some of them are good and, well, some of them are not so good.

MC's world is very democratic. It's all based on a majority vote. If more then 80% say that new feature is good, it will remain in MC. What other software manufacturer allows you to do that?

Nikolay

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2003, 05:15:01 pm »

Fixed the extreme slowitude on a Win98 533 MHz machine ... I turned off images and visualizations. Now I'm back down to 65 to 95% CPU speed to listen to music. Not great but usable.

Listening to: 'Nightmare Cinema' from 'Black Utopia' by 'Derek Sherinian' on Media Center 9.1

Yngwie and Al DiMeola ... strange combination. Not bad if you like weird, high-tech guitars. A big plus ... NO SINGING!!!
That's right.
I'm cool.

millertivo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2003, 05:51:24 pm »

I posted this in the last  beta thread.

After restarts of Media Center, Media Server, and even my computer, the Tivo HMO only displays the default view schemes of Artist/Album, Decade/Album, Genre/Artist/Album, and Location.  Within Media Center I do not have those view schems - I have my own custom schemes.

Can another Tivo HMO user confirm this?  If it isn't a bug, I'll hop out of this thread.  Since I have only noticed it after the 200 build, I'm inclined to think it is a bug.

Thanks.  I do like the new view schemes!  But since I listen to all my music through the Tivo and my stereo system, I miss the Tivo not seeing my custom view schemes.

RemyJ

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2003, 05:56:55 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts, parts of the UI get displayed, then there's a few second gap before the rest is drawn.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    In view schemes based on location, there's no indication in the list box as to whether there are any subdirectories.

View schemes based on location don't work with UNC path names. If you double click on the entry, it just shows <up> and <all>.

In view schemes based on location, selecting a directory name that is also the prefix of another directory shows tracks from both.  I.E.  Selecting the directory 'Verve' shows tracks from both 'Verve and 'Verve Pipe'.  Selecting 'Verve Pipe' shows tracks only for itself.

Changing view between details and thumbnails resets the selection listboxes to '<all>'.  In the case of location based views, the view is reseet to the root.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    When you send a group of tracks to Playing Now from a view scheme they lose their sort order. Shuffle is not on.

Attempting to delete the '<click to add view>' actually deletes the first real view scheme.

'Recently Playing Now's' are multiplying like rabbits and they confuse the drop target.  Update: They're not confusing the drop target anymore but they're still multiplying.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    View Filter button doesn't save its state.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

rocketsauce

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2003, 06:13:50 pm »

Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
When MC starts, parts of the UI get displayed, then there's a few second gap before the rest is drawn.

It still does this on my system.

Rob

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2003, 06:19:56 pm »

Cerebus.  To sort out the albums starting incorrectly problem you need to reimport the albums that mess up.  I am almost finished now.  has taken the best part of two hours to search through each to see which are the messed up ones.  And I only have a small library (about 3.5K).  Enjoy!

That seems more like a work-around than a bug fix.
Toast goes in the toaster.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2003, 06:45:54 pm »

You guys might consider settling on a design, and then making it actually work before changing one thing after another.  Try not to follow Microsoft's lead.

I know the devs are not the ones responsible.  The devs are the only decent people at JRiver.

I have used JetAudio before and frankly I have to say, JetAudio crashes more often than MC. Actually, for basic usage, I haven't seen MC crashes on me before. A few examples of how easily JetAudio crashes, try playing a AVI file and right clicking on the video screen. I am not sure of whether they have fixed this bug or not but this bug was there for majority of the verions they release while I was still using it. And yes, they also released lots of version (4 I think) while I was using it. Not to mention, JetAudio is a lot slower when loading compare to MC.

Not trying to really advertise MC here but that is my take on JetAudio. I have been looking for a good Mp3 player with a library for a long long time and after many trials and demos, I have finally ended up with MC.
Don't Panic!

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2003, 07:01:17 pm »

Unable to play DVD and related problems:
  • If  DVD is inserted while in Media Library view. the files being viewed in Media Library are added to Playing Now and playback of those files is initiated.  DVD is not played even though I confirm desire to play it in response to message box that opens when DVD is inserted in drive.
  • If DVD is inserted while in Playing Now view, a message box opens with instructions to "select files to play."
  • If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD.  

MC crashes when VBR plug-in is installed.

Media Center Registered 9.1.202 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2677 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 167 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive J: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2003, 07:31:53 pm »

I posted this in the last  beta thread.

After restarts of Media Center, Media Server, and even my computer, the Tivo HMO only displays the default view schemes of Artist/Album, Decade/Album, Genre/Artist/Album, and Location.  Within Media Center I do not have those view schems - I have my own custom schemes.

Can another Tivo HMO user confirm this?  If it isn't a bug, I'll hop out of this thread.  Since I have only noticed it after the 200 build, I'm inclined to think it is a bug.

I can confirm this also....the TiVo only shows the 4 view schemes regardless of any changes or new views made.  Let's hope it's not a major issue to get them back in synch.

-J

Omni

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:43 pm »

Okay, maybe a picture is worth a thousand words, so open up this page in a separate window and read along.   (NOTE to 56K users [like me]:  this page will take about two minutes to load.)

The view scheme I created was simply a copy of the default Genre/Artist/Album view with a "Rating" column added.

In the top image, you see the standard choices for Ratings: <all>, ?, 1-5,  and note that the tracks currently in view happen to be unrated.

In the middle image, I selected the unrated choice in the Rating pane, and notice that all the tracks in the results view have now disappeared.  Read:  I tell MC to show me the unrated tracks, and MC comes back with zero hits even though the first and next image prove that this is not accurate.

In the bottom image, I select one of the unrated tracks, and the new tagging system shows a check mark next to the ? Rating pane item.

If this is a limitation of your new pane engine, i.e., not being able to select/search on nonexistent rating tags, then that's fine.  (I'll be disappointed, but I'll understand.)  If it's a bug, though, I guess I'll follow the lead thread's instructions and keep posting this until it's fixed.

Omni

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2003, 10:13:24 pm »

I hope you get this on the next beta version:

1- Store cover art on file option back.

2- New media liberary system don't forget selections when moving to another window.

3- Browse/edit mode button for media liberary system.

4- A standalone volume control.
Tamer

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2003, 10:14:27 pm »

Unable to play DVD and related problems:

If  DVD is inserted while in Media Library view. the files being viewed in Media Library are added to Playing Now and playback of those files is initiated.  DVD is not played even though I confirm desire to play it in response to message box that opens when DVD is inserted in drive.

If DVD is inserted while in Playing Now view, a message box opens with instructions to "select files to play."

If I right click on DVD drive in the tree and select "play", I receive an error message that the video cannot be shown because of either "low video memory...," " another application is using display resources....," or "display adapter incompatable with the DVD decoder..."  Clicking "OK" does not close the message box and I have to exit MC via ending the task in Task Manager.  All the DVDs tested play in Power DVD.  

I Have the same problem

Media Center Registered 9.1.202 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2604 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 188 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

V-Man

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2003, 12:00:19 am »

MC's world is very democratic. It's all based on a majority vote. If more then 80% say that new feature is good, it will remain in MC.

I'll be signing up to the forum under many different aliases now, trying to bring down the vote for the new media library interface.  :P

nila

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2003, 12:05:14 am »

PRETTY PLEASE
  • give us an option somewhere (probably best as an option for each field in the tree settings) that lets us select fields to display ALL possible values in the drop down list, not just the values of those files selected - PLEASE!!
  • give us view scheme grouping back
  • allow us to assign the icons manually as modifing the search criteria is loosing us the icon -  ?

BUG
    Adding a new view scheme column is jumping off the view scheme back to the top of the library.

mijkuf

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2003, 12:06:49 am »

This is a BETA software. We warned everybody not to install it if they expect things to work. Your problem with CD burning will be fixed shortly; however, some bugs take a minute to fix but other bugs takes days or even weeks.
The only reason I am using this BETA software is because CD burning in 9.0 doesn't work on my system either (and I'm not alone), and one of your co-workers recommended I try 9.1 BETA.

I tried jetAudio, and wow what a piece of junk THAT thing is (so much for wishful thinking).  I guess I have little recourse but to sit back and wait for 9.1 final.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2003, 12:54:01 am »

We may.  In a view like the default "People/Places/Events" it doesn't make that much sense for the lists to filter left-to-right.  An option in the view scheme for left-to-right, all direction, or no filtering would be handy.

Either that or you let users define a hierarchy of fields.  That is, you make it possible for each field to have a "parent" (which in turn can have another parent).  If you change a field you would then clear all children.

For example, Series would be a parent of Season which would be a parent of Episode, so if you change the series, the season and episode would be cleared.  Other fields would be unrelated to these fields so they would not be cleared.  If you have a Rating/Location view scheme then those two fields would not be related to each other.

Then you would only have to define these relationships once per field, not once per view scheme.  Those who only define view schemes but don't define new fields don't have to worry about it at all.  Also, it would be easier to have a scheme which includes both Series-Season-Episode and some other fields without those other fields being cleared automatically when you change the series.

The only disadvantage I can see so far is that you would not have the flexibility to let "Series" clear "Season" in one view scheme but not in another.  But I don't know why I would want that to happen.  

Comments?

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2003, 12:57:54 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    If you view the file info for one file which doesn't include custom fields then view the file info for a different file which does contain custom fields, the custom fields aren't displayed in the File Info screen. They are displayed when the view is refreshed by switching the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info. Once the custom fields have been displayed, they are displayed until MC is closed down. The problem returns when MC is restarted.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

Hard disk locations cannot be used for image view schemes. The Hard Disk Locations column just displays <all> which has no function.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: Low
    I set the position of the divider between the top and bottom right hand panes under the Playing Now view. I then switch to Media Library and then back to Playing Now and find that the divider has moved up slightly on the screen.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2003, 02:00:14 am »

A few issues:-

1. Deleting a file from the library before deleting from a playlist will cause a crash if you try to re-order any fields in the playlist when the phantom file is still present in the playlist. It's only possible to delete this phantom file from a playlist via Edit/Delete - r/clicking also causes a crash.
2. Using "clean file properties" seems to create a default date of 1899 if the field is left blank.
3. Changes to the Player settings via Player/Player Options/More Options aren't always saved - can't find a pattern yet, looks to be random.

Keep going!

John

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2003, 02:24:43 am »

V-Man

Try using this alias - '[former member]'

That'll bring some pretty swift results !!

Jim

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2003, 02:29:35 am »

aaaawww - shucks !!!

he he he

Jim

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2003, 03:40:16 am »

OK... Just gotta weigh in

I LOVE the  new Panes....

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2003, 04:36:40 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Date(month) and Date(day) are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock.

jredders2

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2003, 05:36:38 am »

I think someone mentioned this before, but I thought I'd add my vote.

Please move the menus on the new browsing/tagging column headers to the right mouse button.  Then make the left mouse button work like it does for Windows Explorer column headers.  Left-click on a column header switches ascending/descending sorting for that column.  Left-click-and-drag on a column header allows you to move the column.  It just looks too much like other apps that work this way, so it's "suprising", to say the least, when a menu appears when you left-click on a column header...

-John

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2003, 06:11:08 am »

Small bug that's been around since the beta of 9.0. I previously reported it but I'll try again:

- Single-click a scheme in the Medial Library
- Press F2 to edit
- Click within the text to place an insertion point
- Scheme goes out of edit mode
- Press F2 again
- Click within the text to place an insertion point
- Scheme is now editable

This problem seems to occur for any object in the left pane.

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2003, 08:55:11 am »

I dont like the new Media Library view at all!!

Nothing else to say.

LonWar

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2003, 09:12:39 am »

Sorry if this was already noted...

When you change a tag it says :Failed to update the following files..

But it didn't fail....

Oh and the new view is 100 times better.
-

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2003, 10:50:55 am »

Deleted default Artist and Album pane in Media Library main pane and replaced them by adding the group MySmartlist (Personal Smartlist) as main Media Library pane.

During this process MC9.1 seems to be hanging and using up 100% CPU time. The whole updating seems to run havoc in this case.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up