INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help to install Waves plugin  (Read 4974 times)

rablackmore

help to install Waves plugin
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:02:18 pm »

Hoping for a little assistance. I recently purchased from Waves the PuigTec EQs V9.2.0 plugin. I am struggling to get it installed in Media Center DSP studio. I am using the same process I used to successfully install some Voxengo plugins, but for this Waves plugin I keep getting the dreaded "failed to install plugin" error message.
Any help greatly appreciated ...

(system info)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit ... Media Center 23.0.94 64 bit ... Waves PuigTec EQs V9.2.0 Activated to Computer, Jan 21, 2019, Latest Version

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: help to install Waves plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:33:44 pm »

If that's a VST plug-in, you need to use the 64 bit version of it, if available.  Or use the 32 bit version of MC.

rablackmore

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:48:35 pm »

Using this one ... WaveShell1-VST 9.92_x64.dll

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:50:14 pm »

No idea.  Sorry.  Did you try rebooting?

rablackmore

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:55:17 pm »

Even tried reinstalling MC 32 bit and the appropriate plugin version ... same result.
As long as I know the Waves plugins are compatible (?) with MC I will keep working at it ... thanks for your reply.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:58:59 pm »

I don't know if they are.  MC does support VST plug-ins.

JookieCola

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 01:55:06 pm »

A bit late to the party but... I am in the same boat with Waves.

Waves are great plug-ins, but to say they do not play well with others is an understatement. 

Using this one ... WaveShell1-VST 9.92_x64.dll

That is just making a call back to the mother ship (the actual install directory is in Program Files (x86)) where all of the actual dll's and exe's reside.  All of the x86 and x64 dll's are in that directory also, but when loading those dll's from either x86 or x64 steinberg directories, they do not simply call for the plug-ins.  They are calling for a ton of other junk that is the Waves back-end.  They are very 'special' like that.

I spent some time trying to figure out the calls made when trying to load a Waves plug-in, and while they probably have their reasons for what they are doing, I hate those reasons.  They have built a huge and complex proprietary back-end that they are apparently pretty proud of, and so far I have not been able to get them to load with anything other than what they specifically state their plug-ins are compatible with.  Most DAW's that should have no problem choke and die on those plug-ins too.

As a matter of principle (the fact that I spent a lot of money on something that I should be able to use like this and can't) I will have to re-visit it again.

denton1972

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 05:06:42 am »

Hoping for a little assistance. I recently purchased from Waves the PuigTec EQs V9.2.0 plugin. I am struggling to get it installed in Media Center DSP studio. I am using the same process I used to successfully install some Voxengo plugins, but for this Waves plugin I keep getting the dreaded "failed to install plugin" error message.

(system info)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit ... Media Center 23.0.94 64 bit ... Waves PuigTec EQs V9.2.0 Activated to Computer, Jan 21, 2019, Latest Version

It works with Blue Cat's PatchWork.
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/
Windows 11 Enterprise x64 | JRiver Media Center 32 x64 | Sonarworks SoundID Reference x64 | Klanghelm SDRR2 x64

rablackmore

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 12:28:16 am »

Thank you ... Blue Cat's PatchWork does solve the problem.

robertisonline

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 03:01:54 pm »

(system info)

I believe I installed between 6-700 VST plugins a ~year ago into MC just to see if it would work. I don’t recall having any problems but I will try a few VST’s again hopefully soon.. Glad Bluecat worked but you shouldn’t need to patch. Waves will have compatibility issues above 96k sample rates... sure you’re already aware of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up