INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback of Bluray m2ts rips stutter at the end of video  (Read 4157 times)

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
Video playback of Bluray m2ts rips stutter at the end of video
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:49:41 am »

I have noticed this bug right from JRiver 22 to 23.  Sorry for bringing it up so late. And in between i have done fresh clean installs of my OS every time a major update of Windows 10 was released ,so that rules out any flaw in OS installation. Also this bug of stuttering at the end of file only happens in JRiver  and not in other players like MPC (with MadvR and LAV), VLC, Potplayer(with MADVR) or SMplayer(or for that sake any player). This rules out any flaw with my system as such or my collection of 2600+ Bluray m2ts rippped songs .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video playback of Bluray m2ts rips stutter at the end of video
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:10:37 am »

Antivirus?

Are the files local?  If not, try playing one from a local drive.

Try both Red October Standard and HQ.  If you use HQ, don't change any madVR settings.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:12:33 am »

What does "at the end" really mean? In the last second? In the last hour?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:32:13 am »

Yes Jim, the files are local. As far as MadVR setting are concerned, i use JINC for upscaling(the stutter is there even on lowest algorithm like  bicubic. As far as using Red October Std is concerned, that defeats the purpose of using JRiver because i need MadVR to automatically zoom out the black border present in Indian bluray movies(1920x1080  is actually only 1920x816 , the rest is black pillarboxing). The stutter occurs just at the end of every file for 1 second but that spoils the whole experience and is very embarrasing when playing in front of friends.The effect is that the sound/word at the end partially repeats itself like as if the record is stuck. For Antivirus i have MCafee Safe Live installed which has never troubled me in any app in so many years. The point is it seems i am the only one having the problem !!!! In that case any way to share diagnostic data to pinpoint the problem. 

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:35:53 am »

Hi Hendrik, here end refers to last 1 second of the video. The last sound syllable gets stuck/repeats/drags itself like in old days of casette/record players getting stuck

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:38:27 am »

And yes I dont remember this happening during JRiver 21 days but if I turn back to that point in time all the other parameters were also different including OS(laptop same).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:41:51 am »

As far as MadVR setting are concerned, i use JINC for upscaling(the stutter is there even on lowest algorithm like  bicubic. As far as using Red October Std is concerned, that defeats the purpose of using JRiver because i need MadVR to automatically zoom out the black border present in Indian bluray movies(1920x1080  is actually only 1920x816 , the rest is black pillarboxing). 

You can zoom with MC, but trying RO STD would tell you whether the problem is with MC or with madVR.  Please try it.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 10:47:35 am »

you actually watch movie till last second? ... watching credits roll?

using exclusive screen mode in MadVR? ... maybe stutter occur when JRiver exits exclusive screen mode at the end?

to be honest ... I stop movie from playing once credits start to roll ... so never actually got to the last seconds of movie (probably what most people do ... that's why if there was problem, nobody seen it lol)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 10:54:42 am »

I confirm with all responsiblity and due care that the problem persists with Red October  std setting also.

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 10:59:15 am »

you actually watch movie till last second? ... watching credits roll?

using exclusive screen mode in MadVR? ... maybe stutter occur when JRiver exits exclusive screen mode at the end?

to be honest ... I stop movie from playing once credits start to roll ... so never actually got to the last seconds of movie (probably what most people do ... that's why if there was problem, nobody seen it lol)

Hi tij, you did not  read properly where i clearly state that my collection consists  of  bluray ripped songs so there's no scenario of waiting for credits to roll out at the end of movie ;D. morever i do not use MadVr exclusive mode.

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 11:07:25 am »

And one more thing, this problem does not occur when I play normal 1080p mp4 files (For example downloaded from youtube) Seems it struggles when playing high quality untouched bluray pass-thru  m2ts rips(unaltered rips). But the thing is rest of the players including Windows Films & Tv app even poses no problem with m2ts files !!!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 11:08:46 am »

I confirm with all responsiblity and due care that the problem persists with Red October  std setting also.
To be sure, did you just try that?

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 11:13:10 am »

Yes Jim, I just tried back to back to rule out any possiblity of erroneous alarm raising on this issue

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 11:18:24 am »

For Antivirus i have MCafee Safe Live installed which has never troubled me in any app in so many years.
Please uninstall it to test.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:11 am »

Can you share a file with this particular problem somehow? Perhaps through Dropbox/OneDrive/etc?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 11:24:52 am »

Hi hendrik , i was just about to suggest this to you and Jim but got a little late. For that I will have to upload  the file(size of each song is around 1 - 1.5 Gb) . Where to upload and send the link ? meanwhile i am testing out by uninstalling Antivirus

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 11:29:39 am »

Can you share a file with this particular problem somehow? Perhaps through Dropbox/OneDrive/etc?

Can u connect to my system using TeamViewer ??

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 11:35:46 am »

Or can i send to your skype id ?

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 11:58:42 am »

I am uploading one test file of 1.16 Gb to Dropbox. It will take some time to upload .You too can later enjoy this Bollywood dance song featuring none other than Sunny Leone( the new Bollywood sensation in a new avatar in India !!!!) :P

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 12:15:22 pm »

Ohh , sorry i don't need email. will send a link as PM . Instead of risking my system  by sharing Dropbox, i will upload on some general file sharing services and send the link .

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:09 pm »

You can mail the invitation to hendrik at jriver dot com
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 09:38:09 pm »

You can mail the invitation to hendrik at jriver dot com

Sent you the link of test file. Will delete it after 24 hrs. Plz download it for testing soon. When you are done with it, plz inform me so that i can delete it .

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:22 am »

So Hendrik, did you experience the bug/symptoms  during playback of the test file??

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 05:11:21 am »

Hi JimH and Hendrik, Did the bug/fault i pointed out reproduce itself on your systems? And what abt playing it with other Media Players ?Waiting for a confirmation on this.

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 05:51:45 am »

Why is there a deafenig silence on this issue from JimH and Hendrik. All it takes is 4 minutes to run the file and at least acknowledge that the BUG is there UNIVERSALLY and not only in my system setup.

RD James

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 06:11:11 am »

Hi Hendrik, here end refers to last 1 second of the video. The last sound syllable gets stuck/repeats/drags itself like in old days of casette/record players getting stuck
It may be a separate issue, but I had this problem with one of my sound devices and I think the fix was to disable WASAPI Event Style.

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 06:39:40 am »

Hi James, I already have wasapi disabled . The point to be noted is that these ripped   m2ts files  play correctly in all other media players so the issue with my system setup or the ripping software is ruled out . The obvious culprit seems to be JRiver Media Center. Thats why i have sent a sample song file to Hendrik and JimH. That can be shared with the rest to test it on their respective systems.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 07:15:57 am »

Why is there a deafenig silence on this issue from JimH and Hendrik. All it takes is 4 minutes to run the file and at least acknowledge that the BUG is there UNIVERSALLY and not only in my system setup.
Patience, please.  Hendrik is on vacation.

There is also a chance this is a video driver problem, so please keep an open mind about where the problem is.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 02:25:29 am »

Hopefully this should be resolved in the next build of MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 09:04:17 am »

Hopefully this should be resolved in the next build of MC.

I pray and hope that it is done because Once you jump onto JRiver MC bandwagon, there is no looking elsewhere !!
BTW i am surprised how such a MAJOR flaw went unnoticed for almost 2 yrs !!!!  Seems majority of MC users are still the audio Only guys !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up