INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print List of Albums  (Read 1523 times)

hellvis

• Recent member
Print List of Albums
« on: January 26, 2018, 02:56:40 pm »

I have about 1000 albums, sometimes it's tough for me to remember everything I have. Is there a way to print a list of all my albums?

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Re: Print List of Albums
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »

Me too,

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Print List of Albums
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:41:21 pm »

It depends on how sophisticated you want it to be, how often you want to update it, what you will use it for, and how you will use it.

The simplest once off way to do it is to create a View in MC Standard View, set it to display your Album showing Details, sort/filter/set up the columns you want in your list, then select everything in the list, Copy that (Command-V on a Mac, right?), then open Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet application I assume) and Paste the contents. The take the spreadsheet with you, or put it on your phone, either as a spreadsheet or saved as a PDF. Done.

But if you want to get sophisticated, perhaps as you are out and about, looking at buying some CDs or something and can't remember if you already have it, you could set up your MC Server so that you could connect to it from your phone using Gizmo or Panel, and then search for the Album in question as required. Your list will then always be up to date, and always in your pocket.

Of course that requires some work. Specifically getting Port Forwarding working in your home router, and if you allow your server to sleep, getting Wake On LAN/WAN working. If you want to try that, search the Wiki and Forum for discussions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up