INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need tips/Solution for Library Mgt  (Read 1195 times)

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
Need tips/Solution for Library Mgt
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:58:05 am »

For theater view i have grouped all m2ts files under one group name as Bluray Songs using rule as "file is of type .m2ts" , all .ts files as are grouped as "Web Songs" using rule" file is of type .ts".

Now i have another set of .ts files which i want to put under Heading/Tab "Shows"  in theater mode.  Now I am confused how to write a rule so that these .ts files do not  mix with Tab "Web Songs" because both are of same type .ts .  Can anyone help me how to group/put these .ts files under "Shows" Tab in Theater view.

Or to put it in simpler terms : Suppose i have .ts files. I want a portion of it to appear under "Movies" Tab in Theater View and A portion of .ts  files under "Shows" Heading . How do i achieve this ?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need tips/Solution for Library Mgt
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:41:26 pm »

With another tag, then use the new tag in your rules

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:16:09 pm »

or, if they're all filed neatly on your hard drive, with the movies in a movie folder, and the web songs in a web songs folder, use "filename contains...." rules instead.

So many options available to you :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:41:23 pm »

Or to put it in simpler terms : Suppose i have .ts files. I want a portion of it to appear under "Movies" Tab in Theater View and A portion of .ts  files under "Shows" Heading . How do i achieve this ?

Both are video files obviously. There is a standard tag already there that does that, in the existing standard views. The file type (extension, container) doesn't matter.

So;
[Media Type]=Video
[Media Sub Type]=TV Shows: Goes into the "Shows" category in Theatre View.
[Media Sub Type]=Movie: Goes into the "Movies" category in Theatre View.

that is all default, standard functionality. Just get your tags right and all the default Views will do what you want.

For your existing "Bluray Songs", you should set the [Media Sub Type]=Music Videos, if that is what they are. Then use that tag to include such files in a new View you create under the "Video" group in the Navigation Bar at the left of Standard View, or in Theatre View.

I'm not sure what differentiates "Web Songs" other than the source. Are they just Music Videos from another source? If so, do you really need to separate them, or could you just include them in the "Music Videos" View? If you really want to separate them for whatever reason you could use Height, Width, Bitrate, or the Compression tags with appropriate rules, just having a quick look. Or you could add a field to the Library called [Source] and set that to "Web" for example, then use a rule in a View to display [Source]=Web. That gives you the option to then have other sources. Maybe Ripped, Borrowed, Downloaded, ...

Basically, the file extension is not a good way to differentiate media file types. Use tags. That way you don't have to have the media files all correctly saved under some directory that is meaningful either. You could all your Video files under one main directory, probably with some sub-directories for clarity, and let MC differentiate what they are for you. After all, that is what MC does best.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

HTPC Videophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:11:38 pm »

Thanks to @ferday, @Marko and @RoderickGI for helping me. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up