INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No multi-channel audio on MacMini High Sierra [Solved]  (Read 1058 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
No multi-channel audio on MacMini High Sierra [Solved]
« on: February 01, 2018, 06:21:24 pm »

I recently switched back to a MacMini mid 2011 running High Sierra and noticed that I only get stereo output. For complicated reasons I have had to attach the Mini to the Denon AVR-X7200WA using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter but just to make sure I have also linked the MacMini to the Denon using an optical link.

When I check the Audio in Tools all I see under Audio Device is (Default) [Core Audio]; Built-in Output [Core Audio], DisplayPort [Core Audio] and Null Output. When I check DSP Studio both Source and Internal are 2 channel. When I try to set Channels there to 7.1 it defaults back to 2 channel.

I am probably missing something really obvious but I do not know what. Can anyone help? When I occasionally used the MacMini before High Sierra I had no such audio problems.

lobo85

• World Citizen
Re: No multi-channel audio on MacMini High Sierra
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:40 am »

Try setting up your audio channels in the audio midi setup app located in the utilities folder in the app folder on your mac. It might help. Also some adapters I've used have not been multi channel capable one i know  that is capable is the newertech mini displayport to hdmi adapter. Sold here https://www.amazon.com/NewerTech-DisplayPort-Adapter-Exceptional-Quality/dp/B009TVV1GS.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: No multi-channel audio on MacMini High Sierra
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:51:26 am »

Thank you, setting it up in AudioMidi did the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up