INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USA is REALLY a funny place.....  (Read 2502 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: USA is REALLY a funny place.....
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 12:54:28 pm »

Yeah, I'm laughing about that one, myself...

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 12:55:12 pm »

Politicians in this country are totally nuts when it comes to computers, computer users, or anything associated with computers.

After all, it was in the good old USA that one of the men (Al Gore) running for the last Presidential election (against George Bush) claimed to of invented the Internet.

Now it that is not nuts, I don't know what is!

Looks like you are reading the Washington Post.  Is that the one you ended up with or are you also looking at others?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:06:02 pm »

Well, Hatch is a big-time songwriter and all... so he's got a vested interest in this...

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:17:28 pm »

Hold on guys...he is only doing what the lobbyist's and SIG's in DC are paying him to do...stick up for their rights. Wait a minute...didn't the PEOPLE of Utah elect him? Maybe after a few Utahians get their comps zapped, Hatch won't be around anymore. Don't cry for him though, he'll leave with generous government perks and will be offered after-term job security by the plaintiffs. He'll get a golden parachute...not a lead balloon.

IMHO: Politics stink and so do politicians, lawyers, and traffic cops (in that order).

10-27

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 01:21:46 pm »

I'm from the US and I do love the country, despite all of its faults, but did it ever occur to these idiots that maybe, instead of spending time and money trying to "destroy" the PCs of people who download music, the government could collaborate with software manufacturers and/or developers to come up with a way to promote free services for downloading media files (music, video, etc.), but only a certain number of tracks per album, or minutes per movie, or whatever, so that "legitimate" users of said services could continue to benefit (i.e. the chance to make sure the album has more than 1 or 2 good tracks) from said services.  Obviously, this isn't a utopian solution, but it would serve to thwart the efforts of those people who use said services to avoid paying for the downloaded media?  I have used Napster, Grokster, LimeWire, Kazaa, etc. and I will continue to do so, but I use them to evaluate an album before I actually purchase it to avoid wasting money.  Or better yet, if I've bought an album, but it is stolen, or incurs irreparable damage affecting its playability, I just download it (if I can find it) because I don't think I should have to buy an album twice because it was stolen or was accidentally damaged.

The RIAA must think it's OK to release albums by artists who can't write s__t for songs, whose albums I wouldn't listen to if it were the only album accompanying me on a Tom Hanks-esque deserted island.  The RIAA must think it's OK to dupe the average consumer into buying crap music(by heavily promoting, then releasing to the public, the only good track from an otherwise crap album from an otherwise crap artist), robbing us of our hard-earned money.  It's not their money that's being wasted (and of course they benefit from said wasted spending), so why should they care?  It is only fair and just that the average citizen be afforded the right and ability to "evaluate" the product before purchasing, especially in light of historically false representation (the countless number of albums/artists introduced to us in the past whose albums we've all purchased only to discover that the "hit" song on the radio, or the "great tune" we heard in a store, is not at all indicative of the earwax-promoting offal we discover once the album is in our unadulterated possession).

What if there were no 30-day money back guarantees? What if the word "sample" did not exist? Or "trial period"?

Wobbley

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 02:25:02 pm »

http://
[url]http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/indus.asp?CID=N00009869&cycle=2002

The top industries supporting Orrin G. Hatch are:
1 Lawyers/Law Firms $462,068
2 Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $459,124
3 Insurance $195,749
4 TV/Movies/Music $175,322

............................  Interesting

rocketsauce

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 02:32:12 pm »

Is he on crack?

Rob

Listening to: 'Attention Butt Pirates And Lesbetarians' by 'Judy Tenuta' on Media Center 9.1

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 02:52:54 pm »

I'm confused.

I just downloaded the song "Heal Our Land" from Mr. Hatch's website http://www.hatchmusic.com/.

I got an eyesore from the cover art and felt somehow sick to my stomach after listening.

But: Am I a thief now? Will HE heal me, too? Will he destroy my computer?

OK, maybe I should delete this .ra file as fast as possible...[New "format C: feature" (TM Hatch) inside real audio?]

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 05:25:05 pm »

Yessss!!! We SO funny! Hilarious. A laugh-a-minute.
Orrin Hatch big loser-head!!!

What's TRULY funny is the spins that say "Yes, that's what he said but THIS is what he meant..."
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 02:55:53 am »

DocLotus

Not only the Washington Post.
I have a look to most of the links i got.

Reading them ,is like a window ,but with people looking at me , not me opening it...

Even short articles can be interresting.
To read 10 times in 10 lines Mister arafat  sounds weird from here....  [ Mister i mean ].

Anyway ,i ,and others start to better see- understand the general frame of all the road map stuff .

Now we have problems with the settlers.

The funny thing is that Mister Bush wants very much them to be remove from certains places ..but they resist because they are strong from the support and money that churchs very much like the Bush's one give them..................

This is a part of the word where 2+2 does not allways give 4... you always can haggle ....

As long as  one has something to sell and the other is ready to haggle ,things move here.
arafat had nothing to sell and things moved to the worst

If americans can understand that  we - both sides - are not texas cattle you can run as you like , but very studbborn and  sensitive bastards , things may work for the best...................

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 05:28:02 am »

Hold on guys...he is only doing what the lobbyist's and SIG's in DC are paying him to do...stick up for their rights. Wait a minute...didn't the PEOPLE of Utah elect him? Maybe after a few Utahians get their comps zapped, Hatch won't be around anymore. Don't cry for him though, he'll leave with generous government perks and will be offered after-term job security by the plaintiffs. He'll get a golden parachute...not a lead balloon.

IMHO: Politics stink and so do politicians, lawyers, and traffic cops (in that order).

10-27
Well, I understand where you're coming from. But let's not get too pessimistic. Let's try to fix things instead of just getting cynical. How about helping to get out the vote to replace the stinkers. How about running for office ourselves? It's our democracy after all, we can't leave it to the egomaniacs and corporate sycophants.
Just my 2 cents...

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up