INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building X-over using PEQ  (Read 693 times)

Primare Knob

• Recent member
Building X-over using PEQ
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:13:28 am »

Hi,

I am slowly getting into the expanded functionality of JRiver and I was having a browse through all the PEQ options.

I am using Room correction to set speaker delays, levels and sub x-over but it looks like you can do this in PEQ too. I have some question that I hope someone could clarify for me as I am new to these things. I would like to fine tune bass management using PEQ

Is it possible to use PEQ as bass management?

Does the list order of the PEQ setting make a difference? Also when similar settings are used for different speakers?

Gain setting I assume would be similar to volume level in Room Correction
Delay setting I assume would be similar to distance setting in Room Correction
High-pass setting would be similar to Crossover Crossover setting in Room Correction
Move Left to Sub would be similar to Routing in Room Correction
Low-pass setting would be similar to Routing Crossover setting in Room Correction

But how do I set the Crossover for a speaker to move bass to the subwoofer
And how do I set the individual channel Low-pass filter for the subwoofer as in Routing Crossover setting in Room Correction.

Room correction uses flexible Crossover settings per channel for speaker and subwoofer, but I can't figure out how to do this with PEQ.

I might have the Low-pass/High-pass mixed up from the Room Correction settings. (Still learning)

And why is there PEQ1 and PEQ2?
Pages: [1]   Go Up