INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted Album Art Reappears [Solved]  (Read 1369 times)

Hippo

Deleted Album Art Reappears [Solved]
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:37:24 am »

Hi Folks,

I have noticed that some of my album art is either incorrect or does not appear on my music player (even though it shows in MC 23)

I am trying to delete incorrect album art and add correct album art, but the deleted album art keeps re-appearing. How can I resolve this issue?

I have followed the following process to delete the albums in MC23 :

List the albums in "Audio / Albums / All Albums"
Scroll down to the relevant album
Select all tracks on the album
Right-click and select "Remove Cover Art"
Answer "Yes" when asked if I wish to delete the cover art from the hard disk
At this point, the album art is replaced by a music symbol
If I close MC23 and re-open, the album art has re-appeared

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Hippo

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Deleted Album Art Reappears
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:41:27 pm »

Hello Hippo and welcome to Interact.

some album art is embedded so if that is the case you would need to remove the embedded art also.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 02:19:01 pm »

"Remove Cover Art" should remove all Cover Art, including any embedded Cover Art ~OM~. I had to do some of that recently.

The returning Cover Art is a bit of a strange one though. My first thought is that you are not allowing MC enough time to edit all the files and remove the embedded image. Embedded Cover Art is stored in each file. You should see messages at the bottom of MC about saving tags, and you need to wait until tag saving is complete before closing MC. But that shouldn't take long if the files are local.

Anyway, if the Cover Art is wrong, why not find some correct Cover Art, then delete the bad stuff and add the good stuff. MC should save the new Cover Art correctly and hopefully that means the old Cover Art doesn't come back.

If that doesn't work you need to check your Cover Art settings, check if the Cover Art files are actually being deleted off disk and out of the files, and if you don't find anything, come back and tell us what your Cover Art settings are, and where you have them stored if externally, or if embedded etc. Windows Explorer will usually show a thumbnail image when a file is selected, if it has embedded Cover Art.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hippo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 07:11:50 am »

Thanks guys.

Looks like an issue with embedded vs "not embedded" artwork.

I have sorted it out mow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up