INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie Images Not Working [FIXED]  (Read 2440 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
Get Movie Images Not Working [FIXED]
« on: February 06, 2018, 04:09:59 pm »

Hi

MC 23.0.91

Not sure when this occurred exactly but Movie look up "get Movie and TV info" tends to lag for several seconds,then finds the right data but no associated image. I have to manually find and assign the cover art.

Movies are tagged as movies (video,sub type movie).

Also it appears to access only TMDb and Wikipedia. I seem to remember that there was another major database but perhaps confusing with TV shows.

Thanks for any help

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Get Movie Images Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:11:35 pm »

update MC to 96 and see if that helps
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:56:45 pm »

update MC to 96 and see if that helps
Thanks. Updated to 23.0.100 ! No help

Lags whilst "searching", finds "info" but no "image"/cover art even if left for several minutes.

Any ideas appreciated

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:58 pm »

What can I say... It just works for me, in both manual and automatic mode.

I also only see results from TMDB and Wikipedia. The other source was Rotten Tomatoes, but that's not been there in a while now. Television stuff comes courtesy of TVDB.com.
By and large, TMDB is fine for me. Cover art is always better from there than the other options, and sometimes, the Wikipedia descriptions offer a wealth of topical information to go with the press release descriptions available from TMDB, and in those cases, I grab both.

As for the art work, it's shown whether it's inclusion is selected or not, so, I really have no idea why you're having issues.

Could you give an example of a movie name that's not working for you?

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 12:54:55 am »

Hi Marko,
Thanks for the input.
I have a second instance of MC on my music server ( i watch movies and TV on a different server/MC install). Yep, on my music server MC just works, quick as a flash producing movie info and images.

For example Jethro Tull live at Avo session Basel 2008, tagged as movie (DVD), takes one or two seconds to find info and image. If I change the "search" box to "Gone with the Wind", again instant results.

On my video server no such luck. NONE of the movies will retrive the image and there is a 10 to 20 second delay before getting "info". If I change the search box to "Gone with the wind", same deal, info but no image.

Something must have corrupted the whole "Get Movie & TV info". I dont want to restore from library backup as this has been happening for some months and I will lose lots of changes ....presuming a distant backup will fix the problem once restored.

Any possible solution ??
Thanks

? :'(

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 01:34:03 am »

BTW this problem occurs whether using the lookup feature manually or automatically during a run auto import.

I need to search for the cover art image on my browser, use "save image as" to desktop, then in MC "add from file" > desktop image, and that works for getting cover art for videos. Its rather tedious though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 07:25:28 am »

Firewall or antivirus?

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:53 pm »

Firewall or antivirus?
Thanks

Tried with both off. No change.

I was hoping there was a buried setting somewhere which governs this feature, or line of code. happy to delve into registry if required.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »

I doubt restoring a backup would help in this case. I would be surprised if it was a problem with the library.

A Library backup, uninstall removing settings, and reinstallation of MC, and Library restore including settings may fix it.

Do you use Windows 10 and Windows Defender Firewall and Antivirus?
If so: So you think Windows Defender is turned off? Wrong!
Also: Taming Windows Defender on Windows 10.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 01:16:03 am »

A Library backup, uninstall removing settings, and reinstallation of MC, and Library restore including settings may fix it.

That fixed it.Many thanks. Seems silly I hadn't already thought of this (uninstall/reinstall).

I uninstalled via windows "programs and features" panel including library files, then rebooted computer (as I always do). Strange thing was that MC opened up immediately with all my settings intact and showing 23.0.100. I hadn't actually reinstalled it! So possibly it didn't uninstall, but message said it did.I have plain rebooted the computer before which didn't fix the problem. Anyway now works, all good and thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Get Movie Images Not Working [FIXED]
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 06:15:15 am »

Excellent. You're welcome.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up