INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple duplicate audio files  (Read 1065 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Multiple duplicate audio files
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:21 am »

I have an issue where most all of my audio files that I have on a storage drive got duplicated when I did a file restore from a backup drive. As a result of this backup I now have up to three copies of some files. When I go into file view I will see the duplicates. What I want to do is delete the duplicates from both the library and also the drive they are stored on. Is there any easy way to list them so I can delete a large batch of them at once? I started using the left click and control key to highlight them and then right click, delete from library and also drive but it is very time consuming. Any suggestions? or options on a view that could make this easier?
Thanks.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Multiple duplicate audio files
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:40:33 am »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: Multiple duplicate audio files
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 07:38:56 am »

OM, thanks for the links. I will look into this more on Sunday. I will first make a backup of my music files to a spare HD that I have before working on them. What is strange is before I moved these files to a drive hooked to my HTPC the were only a few duplicates. Somehow when I cut and pasted them to the new drive they were all duplicated. Guess I should have just copied them over.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up