INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC stops playing when computer display is turned off  (Read 1233 times)

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
MC stops playing when computer display is turned off
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:20:18 am »

Hi Folks,

I am not sure if this is a Media Center configuration setting that I can't find or something in my computer setup but, when the display times out and turns off, MC stops playing music to the zone called "Player" which is the computer/server that MC is running on.

Anybody have an idea what I need to change to prevent this from happening?

Thanks much!

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC stops playing when computer display is turned off
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:10:50 am »

Duh!   ::)  I figured out what was going on.  I was taking the audio from a display connected to the HDMI port on the computer.  When the HDMI display was turned off it also turned off the audio.  Taking the audio from an alternate source (WIFI via TuneBlade) resolved the issue. 

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:58 am »

I lied (to myself)!  The problem with audio shutting down on a Windows 10 machine when the display is powered off due to inactivity is a Microsoft "feature".  smh

I'm going to get a Chromecast Audio device and go that route instead.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:38:48 pm »

There is a setting for that!

Well, sort of, if you don't mind the display being kept on while music is playing. You can still use a screensaver with it though... I think. It may also depend on exactly how you have your HDMI chain set up as well. i.e. PC to Receiver to TV.

Options > Audio > Disable display from turning off (useful for HDMI audio)

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105755.0
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up